What's new

New scent

I'm looking in changing up. I was looking for a kinda woodsie scent and I was hoping to get some suggestions from everyone please chime in

What kind of fragrances do you currently wear? Do you prefer classic smelling fragrances or a more modern type of fragrance? Do you want a woody scent that is more fresh or spicy? Are you looking for something versatile to wear as a daily scent or a night out scent? Sorry to answer your question with more questions but there are tons of woodsie scents out there and answering some of these questions could help narrow down your search.

I like D R Harris Marlborough, which is cedarwood and sandalwood - for me it evokes the feeling of being by an open fire.

Miller Harris La Fumee evokes a similar feeling, but that is a more complex, spicier scent.

Both are personal favourite woody scents.

What kind of fragrances do you currently wear? Do you prefer classic smelling fragrances or a more modern type of fragrance? Do you want a woody scent that is more fresh or spicy? Are you looking for something versatile to wear as a daily scent or a night out scent? Sorry to answer your question with more questions but there are tons of woodsie scents out there and answering some of these questions could help narrow down your search.

I have not used a fragrance in a while now, but I used to wear Cool Water. I liked it but want to try something different now. I am very unfamiliar with the fragrances that are put there and figured this would be better than trying 100 different fragrances in the store. I could at least narrow it down here. I am looking to wear this as a daily scent. I am not sure if I want a woody scent that is fresh or spicy. I hope this helps.

Demeter Frasier Fir. Smells like tree. There's also sawdust for that pure wood smell.

As pflyer85 says, there's a lot of woods in all different directions.

I like D R Harris Marlborough, which is cedarwood and sandalwood - for me it evokes the feeling of being by an open fire.

Miller Harris La Fumee evokes a similar feeling, but that is a more complex, spicier scent.

Both are personal favourite woody scents.

I have to try these out. thanks for the suggestions

To my nose Sandalwood by Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements is very woody.
If you are looking for more of a "forest scent", Pino Silvestre is a classic. Which means to some it may smell "dated".
Will you let us know what you pick?

I just placed an order for one of the new fragrances from Antica Barbieria Colla. Following is directly from their site describing cologne #0:
EAU DE COLOGNE N°0

A fragrance at the same time light and intense. A debut with clear notes of Bergamot Birch heralds the radiant character of Juniper wood and Artemisia that continues to unfold combined with the intensity of Vetiver. In the end the delicate notes of Cedarwood and Oak

I believe you can request samples. Their customer service is excellent, in my opinion.
Best of luck.

Last edited:
To my nose Sandalwood by Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements is very woody.
If you are looking for more of a "forest scent", Pino Silvestre is a classic. Which means to some it may smell "dated".
Will you let us know what you pick?

Im going to head to Macys and try to pick up a buch of samples today. I'll post what I get. hopefully they got a good selection and knowledgeable staff working

For wood scents I like Imaginary Authors "Memoirs of a Trespasser" and "Cape Heartache".
Cape Heartache is a very nice scent that starts out with a strawberry note then moves into a nice clean woodsy base.
Memoirs of a Tresspasser has a nice Vanilla opening then settles into a strong wood base.

I've had compliments on both.

Tam Dao EDP by Diptique is one of my favourites. It smells like liquid wood when you out it on. It is amazing but a little pricey as well.

My Top 10 Woody Scents:
Eastwest Bottlers Moonshine (peppery woods)
D.R. Harris Windsor (peppery woods)
Borsari Acqua Classica (peppery & woody citrus)
Yardley Citrus & Woods (woody citrus)
Crown Buckingham (soapy woods)
HEELEY Sel Marin (woody marine)
SSS Fireside Intense (smoky woods)
L'Artisan Dzongkha (smoky woods & incense)
Humiecki & Graef Skarb (smoky woods & incense)
Lisa Kirk Revolution (woods & teargas)

I went to Macy's and although they didn't have anything for me to take home. I tried a bunch of different scents. Sadly none of which I liked. The Macy's I went to is very small and didn't have any of the ones listed here. So I am going to have to go somewhere else or try online. I did find the Imaginary Authors line interesting and ordered samples from their lineup. Should come in any day now. But still going to do some looking around in the mean time.

Bath and Body Works Mahagony Woods, is cheap all hell but lasts forever [8 hours later, still smell it] and has a slightly sweet woods scent. I layer with a more pine scent for great combo.

Top Bottom