What's new

Ever Ready 200 Green

$IMG_5242.jpg

I recently finished up a restore on this ER 200 (in the foreground, with the green base). I've had the red base ER 200 for awhile, and I'd been looking for quite awhile for the green base version. This one is a little nicked up, but I decided that constitutes vintage character.:thumbup1: I believe that the green one is older, but the provenance of these ERs is so obscure that this is just a guess on my part. I'm always fascinated by these old brush handles that look so different, yet have the same model number designation.

I set this one with a Virginia Sheng 22mm silvertip at 45mm loft. The red base is set with a 22mm TGN finest. Both are wonderful performers. I think they make a nice couple, don't you?

Very nice! I have both of those as well, but haven't finished a restoration yet. I've been too busy buying brushes and razors.

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
I love the look of the 200's, particularly the green one is a looker for sure. Nicely done.

View attachment 617136

I recently finished up a restore on this ER 200 (in the foreground, with the green base). I've had the red base ER 200 for awhile, and I'd been looking for quite awhile for the green base version. This one is a little nicked up, but I decided that constitutes vintage character.:thumbup1: I believe that the green one is older, but the provenance of these ERs is so obscure that this is just a guess on my part. I'm always fascinated by these old brush handles that look so different, yet have the same model number designation.

I set this one with a Virginia Sheng 22mm silvertip at 45mm loft. The red base is set with a 22mm TGN finest. Both are wonderful performers. I think they make a nice couple, don't you?

Nice restore! I like the height set on that green handle. Looks like a good face latherer.

The ER 200 models - especially the multi-tiered ones are my very favorites and I collect them when ever I can. I think you are right, that green one is older. It's the inscription that makes me think that.

And who changes the look of something without changing the model of that thing? Both 200s

-jim

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice restore! I like the height set on that green handle. Looks like a good face latherer.

The ER 200 models - especially the multi-tiered ones are my very favorites and I collect them when ever I can. I think you are right, that green one is older. It's the inscription that makes me think that.

And who changes the look of something without changing the model of that thing? Both 200s

-jim

Thanks. Yes, I'm mainly a face latherer so that is what I had in mind in setting this knot.

I love your green 200s; very nice! Thanks for posting the pics.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom