What's new

Lab series

Has anybody tried any Lab series products? I got some free samples of their shave cream, ASB, face scrub, and face lotion from Bloomingdales and I'm eager to give them a go when I get home tomorrow. I was pleasantly surprised by their assortment of wet shaving software, but I got attacked by all the saleswomen at the skin care/fragrance counter. I guess they make commission there. Or maybe I'm just irresistibly handsome...:001_cool:

I'm thinking that the saleswoman noticed your well-shaven face and realized immediately that she had a customer who liked to take care of himself.

I have a feeling that Lab Series may have grown out of the Aramis brand back in the 80s or 90s, but please don't quote me on that.

I have this from LAB Series, the Aftershave Balm.

I had severe burn and it is really really soothing and calming for the skin
IN short, what I can say that it is almost miraculous. Probably the best of my arsenal, and yes it's pricey.

proxy.php

My roommate back in college ~99-00 used the ASB and I tried it a few times and it worked really well. Not sure if its the same product as it was back then though

I finally got around to giving these products a go. The face scrub is great. It has a light cooling sensation and the tiny beads give it a nice texture. Both the post shave balm and face lotion are rich and soothing, and they felt great. Very lightly scented so they don't interfere with the scent you choose to wear. The shave cream was a different story. I could not build a lather with it. I used my Stoddard's badger brush as I always do for a cream. I pre-soaked my brush as always. I put a blueberry-sized glob right in the breech and went to whip up a face lather. The lather never really came so I added some more cream, depleting the entire sample in one fell swoop. Still no lather. It was like I had splashed soapy water on my face. I'll probably pick up some of the other stuff, but I was very disappointed in the shave cream.

Don't think the Lab Series SC was designed to be lathered.

I like the rest of their items, but the shave cream is utter garbage.

Beerman

That's probably the case. I didn't have a full size jar with directions, just a little sample jar. If that's the case and it's not meant to be lathered then I'm definitely not interested in buying more. A shave cream that won't lather is like a dog with no bark.

I see that in most of the major department stores but I've avoided the display because it just looks expensive. OTOH, I'm fully aware that sometimes, we get what we pay for. On that topic, have a look at the Clinique counter sometime, they offer some very nice products.

Top Bottom