What's new

How about a caption competition?

I was just looking at a few cats in threads and I was wondering what they might be thinking! So the idea of Captions popped in to my head and then maybe a Caption Competition?

I couldn't see one in The Darkroom when I looked back through a few pages, maybe there is a good reason for that! But what would you guys and girls here think about it?

Maybe just something simple like using actual pictures we have taken and then open it up for the captions to be submitted(family friendly of course) and then vote for a winner, the winner could then post the next picture and so on?

Please let me know if it sounds like a terrible idea or it has been tried before and I have missed it:biggrin1: I don't want to change anything that is being done here in The Darkroom, just maybe add a good thread or two where we can:001_smile

$20150801-DSC07101-copy.jpg

I'll start one off shall I? Kudos point for B&B referencing!

"Yeah, sure ... you clean-shaven boys can go ahead and soak your brush in water.
But I'm a REAL MAN. I soak my brush in Natty-Boh ... and you see the results."

Right, the captions have not been updated for a couple of days. I vote August West as winner and therefore contributor of the next caption image!

Carl

I quite like the caption from [MENTION=73682]August West[/MENTION] as well and as there are no more votes looking likely, it's over to you Mr West!

How flattering Gents! But perhaps I should not have entered as I am not a photographer and have nothing to offer. I did not read the OP very carefully. If someone else would like to add the next photo, please be my guest.

How flattering Gents! But perhaps I should not have entered as I am not a photographer and have nothing to offer. I did not read the OP very carefully. If someone else would like to add the next photo, please be my guest.
How dare you not read my OP carefully!:biggrin1:

Ok my next favourite was [MENTION=89999]skypsyd[/MENTION]

"I spent $300 on this dress. 6 hours and $600 at the beauty parlor and the spa. $100 a month for a gym membership and personal trainer so I could get in shape ... and still, my boyfriend only wants to look at Facebook on his smartphone."

Top Bottom