What's new

Starting the switchover.

Congratulations. [emoji2] A rather rare EAB model. I've got a three, with slightly different configurations, and I like them a lot. The width varies from 5/8 and up to about 7/8. Actually I've only seen one as large as 7/8 and that one has ivory scales. I do shave with it, but only on very special occasions.

Thank you Arne! It came between This one and another KT that had the thumb notch. I went with this one because of the number of KT's I already have. And, of course I avoided the $15 shipping.

Thank you Arne! It came between This one and another KT that had the thumb notch. I went with this one because of the number of KT's I already have. And, of course I avoided the $15 shipping.
I'd say you made a good choice[emoji2]. There are many good Swedish razor brands so why just stick to one even if it's a really good one?

Straight Shave #71
Kit: 4/8 CVH No.2
Mitchell Mogul 824 Horse Hide strop
Tabac
12 oz. Crown King Scuttle
Omega +2 badger brush of lathering
Tabac AS

Opening Night tonight. I have to report in 2 hours and the nerves are starting to get to me. Valium time? No! Shave time! :w00t: I had been playing around with the #2 on the marble with .3 micron diamonds to see what it would do. Well, my brothers it seems to have done quite a lot! My only concern is that I shall perspire profusely on stage with lots of costuming (Colonial attire) so might get a little tender.

Pass 1: First stroke impressions: yup! hyper-polishing does make the blade run pretty smoothly. Especially with super slick Tabac helping it along. This is a fine blade, one of my favorites, and it is performing at the top of it's game. I even made a weak single pass on my left cheek left handed. Then quickly switched back to comfort mode. Nothing like sweat in a fresh wound to make me miserable!:blush: Basically a pretty routine pass. I am pretty grooved in so not much surprising unless I sprout a zit or something strange like that.

Pass 2: Mopping up operations. I was reading a very interesting article on the WW I Battle of the Somme. Which started 100 years ago this week. I cannot fully judge just from one article the merit of such an operation, but I can say I left the article with quite a somber feeling. The loss of life was horrific, like Antietam in US history. I cannot help but give pause for that.
The pass goes without incident while I muse on what I had read. I am so glad for the positive feelings we have here worldwide.

Respectfully Submitted,
RB (Col Thomas McKean tonight)

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Indeed, Rich. The Newfoundland Regiment was all but wiped out at Beaumont Hamel.
proxy.php

Knock Em Dead Rich and anxiously awaiting the report on how it goes although I already know you will do fantastic my Brother.

My the sunrise be bright and the dusk be splendor My Friend:thumbup:

It turned out pretty good, started out a little stumbly, but after that no problems. I made the mistake of looking at the audience and got shaken. I also forgot to take my glasses off at first. After taking them off, no worries!

It turned out pretty good, started out a little stumbly, but after that no problems. I made the mistake of looking at the audience and got shaken. I also forgot to take my glasses off at first. After taking them off, no worries!

Fantastic to hear my Friend and Very Well Done:thumbup1:

View attachment 669911
In honor of all my brothers, French, German, UK. 100 years ago this was not so beautiful a place.

Amen to that my Friend, taking a moment of pause in their Honor:001_smile

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Indeed, it was not so nice back then, Rich. The false cloak of glory and honour that so many young men wrapped themselves in heading off to war was stripped off, laying bare the horrible truth or reality.

Sounds like a good shave leading up to Opening Night - nice to calm the nerves focusing on a task that you enjoy and have locked in.

Congrats on opening night! Enjoy and have a fun time with the rest of your performances in this production.

.....The false cloak of glory and honour that so many young men wrapped themselves in heading off to war was stripped off, laying bare the horrible truth or reality.

Indeed. That's one reason (IMHO) the movie, "All Quiet on the Western Front" is one of the best war films ever - it shows the tragic toll.

The postman left me a gift! :w00t: Erik Anton Berg, gonna need dragged across the stones and polished up, but the blade is in really good shape and appears to have not been used very much. It reminds me of a cross between my beloved KT profile and my #31 with the thumb notch. The blade is a little more square

$IMG_0507.jpg

What do you guys use to shine up the older rubbery plastic scales?

Dear rich it this RAD of yours continues you'll stand in front of the shaving mirror one morning and discover that you're talking the same hurly burly that the cook spoke in The Muppet Show with your razors. You'll look at yourself in the bathroom mirror and see that your hair has changed color into golden and that your eyes suddenly are pale blue and that your at least six feet tall. You'll try to scream "My God" but the words will come out "Min gud". You'll feel the need for something to strengthen yourself with but then you'll realise that you don't have any picked herring or Absolut Vodka at home.

Remember that you've been warned[emoji6]

Your new razor is a joy to shave with. I like mine very much.

Top Bottom