What's new

Turkey Joints PIF

Looks interesting, count me in!

As far as my connection to Central NY? My aunt and uncle used to live in Syracuse and their oldest daughter went to Woodstock in 1969. Actually bought a ticket for the event, but sent the ticket back in afterward to get the refund (too bad, the ticket is worth more than the refund). Also an older brother went to West Point so we drove through central several times and ate at a very nice restaurant in Stormville for his graduation.

I'd like to be in if I could. At one time worked for a company that was bought by Welch Allyn (a company based in Skaneateles). Made several trips up there; fly into Syracuse and drive over. Beautiful, especially fall and winter. Also dined at Dinosaur BBQ.

I'd like to be in if I could. At one time worked for a company that was bought by Welch Allyn (a company based in Skaneateles). Made several trips up there; fly into Syracuse and drive over. Beautiful, especially fall and winter. Also dined at Dinosaur BBQ.

You are in Moe!

I'm in. Had friend who was from somewhere in central New York. I worked with her for a few years. After I moved she started cyber stalking me. Telling me how she could love me better than my wife could then describing how she would do it. Changed everything about my online existence to get away from her. Freaking creepy. Her husband (professional power lifter with a bad attitude) threatened me several times but finally came to his senses and left her. Maybe these turkey joints are something good to come out of that region.

Does this count?

When I was a medical student, I took an Army scholarship. As part of that, I had to spend my summers doing temporary duty. My first duty assignment was West Point. I was really a civilian, having received absolutely zero training about the military. Here's a funny story.

When I got there, it was a Friday. They told me to go to the PX, get a uniform, get rested up, and then come to the hospital on Monday morning ready to work. I told them I didn't know anything about uniforms, but they told me not to worry. The women who work at the PX know everything.

I said OK, and went down to the PX. I threw myself at the mercy of a middle-aged women working there. I told her I needed a uniform and I didn't know anything about it. She took me under her wing and started getting the parts of the uniform together. "You're an officer, so you'll need the pants with the stripe on the side," she said, as she found my size. "You can wear 'class Bs' to work in the hospital," she went on, as she grabbed me a short sleeve shirt. "These are your epaulets," she said, grabbing the second lieutenant's epaulets off the shelf.

"Let's go get you a cap," she said, walking toward the stock of caps. "Oh, that's OK," I said, "I don't wear hats."

There was a moment of awkward silence. She was smiling quite broadly. "I don't think it's an option, lieutenant," she said.

If that counts, I'm in.
What an awesome story! My dad had a similar one, having gone through med school on the Navy. So when he reported for duty he was told his supplies were on the bulkhead. Having lived his whole life in Nebraska his experience with nautical terms was nil. It took a while for the quartermaster to understand the blank stare and explain that a bulkhead was a wall.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
I don't normally enter PIFS......but I had Taco's with Jim, Ouch, brianw, Dave258, and Syngent in Brooklyn. Oh and I live in Texas.

Nice PIF Tony.

I'm in, thanks. I have no connections to NY the closest I' ve been is Ohio, and I live in Indiana. Yea I don't get out much.

If I can scoot in at the last minute.
I went to college just south of Rochester. I had never heard of Lake effect snow before in my life until I went there. I always thought of central NY as the last stop before entering Winter hell!

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Not really central New York but close....

Back in 2009 a good friend used to live in Fredonia, NY. She decided she wanted to go back and visit her friends so on a whim we hit the road. Drove up there from the Chicago area. Got drunk for 2 days, saw Lake Erie, then drove home.

It was a blast!

$P6120026.jpg

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Open to CONUS and Texas.

a

[emoji23] Thanks for being willing to ship through Red River customs!

I'm not in, but I'll let you know that I have a couple friends from around Syracuse and Ithaca until they wised up and emigrated to Texas.

I would like to thank everyone who entered. Those stories are great.

It was very difficult to pick a winner, so I decided to pick two!

And the winners are:
[MENTION=7330]Intrigued[/MENTION] for the puppy.
[MENTION=64622]BubblesTGB[/MENTION] for old-times sake.

It is my honor to include you in this tradition.

Please PM shipping info and I will get it off toot sweet.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I would like to thank everyone who entered. Those stories are great.

It was very difficult to pick a winner, so I decided to pick two!

And the winners are:
@Intrigued for the puppy.
@BubblesTGB for old-times sake.

It is my honor to include you in this tradition.

Please PM shipping info and I will get it off toot sweet.
Congratulations and thanks, Tony.

Im in.

I drove through central new york for 5 years back and forth from LI to Schenectady where i went to school (undergrad and grad) Only managed to get 1 ticket on the taconic in all those years.

Top Bottom