What's new

Turkey Joints PIF

$image-630x472.jpeg

Turkey Joints have been a Central New York Holiday Tradition since 1919 and I would like to PIF a jar to one lucky B&B member.

To Enter: Post you are in and share an anecdote or connection to Central New York. The connection can be big or small, direct or indirect.

I think you will enjoy this fine and unique confection. I will pick a winner by December 1st.

Open to CONUS and Texas.

a

Last edited:

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Hey Tony, just saw this. Heck...I'm in. I don't have any connection directly or indirectly to said Central New York. Growing up granny said anything north of the San Antonio River was off limits. I didn't listen to her though because I found my bride just south of the Brazos River in Waco. She came to our wedding but she was pissed.

Hey Tony, just saw this. Heck...I'm in. I don't have any connection directly or indirectly to said Central New York. Growing up granny said anything north of the San Antonio River was off limits. I didn't listen to her though because I found my bride just south of the Brazos River in Waco. She came to our wedding but she was pissed.

:lol:

You are in.

Rules are made to be broken.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Heck, the only connection I have to NY state at all was a dream I had. I dreamed that I went to NYC to meet BrianW. He had a picture of King Kahehameha on his desk. When I asked why, he said it was his grandfather. After leaving Brian, I obtained a Parker51 pen. When Brian found out, he chased me all over NYC. I woke up, so I don't know if he ever got to me :biggrin:

Heck, the only connection I have to NY state at all was a dream I had. I dreamed that I went to NYC to meet BrianW. He had a picture of King Kahehameha on his desk. When I asked why, he said it was his grandfather. After leaving Brian, I obtained a Parker51 pen. When Brian found out, he chased me all over NYC. I woke up, so I don't know if he ever got to me :biggrin:

He got to you alright.

I'm in

We drove through the northern edge of what I understand to be considered central New York years ago. I remember taking the kids to a tourist spot where you could pick your own fruit and there was a sort of petting zoo there as well. The kids enjoyed picking fruit and playing with the animals. I remember these baby goats climbing on them and biting their hair. Good times, hah.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Tony:

proxy.php
I'm in, but I hadn't had any real connection with Central New York besides shopping in Syracuse at the 'Destiny USA', (previously known as the Carousel Mall
proxy.php
), and visiting friends and partying in Utica while I was stationed (00-03), at Fort Drum, NY, (Watertown, Jefferson County...I retired from 2-14 INF, ['Golden Dragons'], 2nd BDE Combat Team, 10th MTN Division, go Army...Yeah Baby...Hooah!!!). :thumbsup:

proxy.php
[FONT=&amp]"Happiness doesn't come from what we [possess]...but from what we [pif]". Benjamin S. Carson, Sr.[/FONT]

Tony:

proxy.php
I'm in, but I hadn't had any real connection with Central New York besides shopping in Syracuse at the 'Destiny USA', (previously known as the Carousel Mall
proxy.php
), and visiting friends and partying in Utica while I was stationed (00-03), at Fort Drum, NY, (Watertown, Jefferson County...I retired from 2-14 INF, ['Golden Dragons'], 2nd BDE Combat Team, 10th MTN Division, go Army...Yeah Baby...Hooah!!!). :thumbsup:

proxy.php
[FONT=&amp]"Happiness doesn't come from what we [possess]...but from what we [pif]". Benjamin S. Carson, Sr.[/FONT]

Outstanding!

I confess that I didn't know what these were so had to Google it. Found "silvery sugar coating with a center filled with rich chocolate and brazilnuts". How could I pass that up! No wonder it's a tradition!

I would love to be in.

My only connection with NY is my son getting caught in a blizzard on a HS band tour bus a few years ago. And I THINK that I flew into NY once about 40 something years ago when my mom visited relatives back east after I was born. I am not exactly an accomplished East Coaster.

I confess that I didn't know what these were so had to Google it. Found "silvery sugar coating with a center filled with rich chocolate and brazilnuts". How could I pass that up! No wonder it's a tradition!

LOL! I have never met anyone who didn't get hooked on them. Whenever out of town guests try them they pick up a few jars for the road.

I would love to be in.

My only connection with NY is my son getting caught in a blizzard on a HS band tour bus a few years ago. And I THINK that I flew into NY once about 40 something years ago when my mom visited relatives back east after I was born. I am not exactly an accomplished East Coaster.

Good enough, Man.

LOL! I have never met anyone who didn't get hooked on them. Whenever out of town guests try them they pick up a few jars for the road.
I bet, my mouth is watering just thinking about it. Pavlov's dog got nothing on me, unfortunately. I'm fully prepared to eat myself into a mild form of diabetes should I win this PIF [emoji38]

This is too interesting, so I will throw my hat in the ring.

My connection has already been mentioned before. A buddy that I went to school with lived in Rome and we would make the trip from Worcester, Ma all the time. It was there that I learned the delights of Chicken Riggies with greens, long hot peppers with Parmesan, and pasticiotti.

ETA: Rome, NY not Rome Italy.

Last edited:
This is too interesting, so I will throw my hat in the ring.

My connection has already been mentioned before. A buddy that I went to school with lived in Rome and we would make the trip from Worcester, Ma all the time. It was there that I learned the delights of Chicken Riggies with greens, long hot peppers with Parmesan, and pasticiotti.

And these candies are made in Rome....NY.

Last edited:
Top Bottom