What's new

Holiday Ink ?

Maybe a red shimmertastic is in my future; you think a glass dip pen would bring out the sparkle?
Since glass pens put ink down rather heavily, and the shimmer comes out most when ink pools, yeah...you'd be good with a glass pen. They're easy to clean, too. I would image that even if the sparkle gets stuck in the grooves of the pen you can easily rinse it out.

I will probably be using Diamine Sherwood Green and Levenger Shiraz. Now I just need to decide which pens to use them with.
Changed my mind. Instead of the Levenger Shiraz as a red, I'm going to use my vintage Sheaffer Skrip Persian Rose. It's a special ink (as in discontinued decades ago and almost impossible to find), but holidays are special. I've already got it loaded in my 2001 Bexley LE, so I'm halfway there!

I have 5 ml samples of all 10 of the Diamine Shimmertastic inks. Probably won't use them for cards this year. Probably will use my good old standbys of Diamine Classic Red and Diamine Sherwood Green. I tried the Red Lustre and like Classic Red better, haven't tried their green shimmer ink yet

Top Bottom