What's new

Sign of the times? Wegman's getting it?

I was in my local Wegman's yesterday, and I noticed that their "shaving" section had apparently just about doubled in size since last week. A closer look revealed that -- in addition to the usual robust selection of cartridge accessories -- there was a significant increase in manly skin care and shave prep and pre- and post-shave products. And...some DE blades! (Wegman brand of course) They also had some DE razors (VDH, IIRC), and the standby VDH starter sets.

I will keep an eye out for injector blades, but I'm not hopeful...

Wegman's is a very marketing-savvy company, so it seems there is a current and/or projected demand for better shaving products. I wonder if any other B&Bers near a Wegman's has seen this?

Wegmans is hands down my favorite my favorite place to shop. They do have a nice shaving selection which I have been perusing over the past few weeks and it is impressive all things considered. They did have a few injectors blades and a lot of pre and post as well as some modern Williams which I of course bought. Love Wegmans!

The Wegman's here in Leesburg,Va and Sterling have always maintained an excellent stock of DE supplies-injector blades also. I think someone comes by and buys out the stock from time to time as it goes down, gets refilled and then is slammed again. The one in Frederick,Md doesn't have as extensive a DE supply. I am waiting for the day when they build one in Hagerstown,Md. At that point I will go broke from constantly shopping there.

marty

Locally King Soopers (Kroger chain) has been increasing the men's grooming section, can usually see VDH rzors, soaps, brushes and a nice selection of cheap AS.

Wegmans is excellent. I'm hoping the stores near me catch on to this. I'm going there this weekend and will give williams a try if they have it.

I live in Virginia and although we have a Wegmans it's on the other side of town. I usually shop at Giant and I have noticed that even Giant is now starting to sell DE Razor Supplies / Shaving Soaps. It was a unique sight to see.

I wonder if any other B&Bers near a Wegman's has seen this?

I was at a Wegman's the other day and happened to look. They have a huge section of cartridge stuff and common, every day aftershaves like Brut, the new Old Spice, etc. They also had a Burts Bees section with shaving cream. But I really didn't see an "expansion". My observation is that it has always been fairly large, dominated with a large cartridge section at eye level. What sells is right in your face. The other stuff is tucked away in the bottom shelves.

Some of this is probably profit motivated. Whatever makes big profits is in your face. Whatever they don't want you to buy is tucked away. Money talks.

Top Bottom