What's new

Best Face Wash / Scrubs according to B&B and Google

I'm also using Ursa Major face wash. I try to avoid propylene glycol and glycerine in the first three ingredients when possible.

i've tried some samples of the Ursa Major face wash and like it. Could you please explain what the problems are with the aforementioned ingredients?

Garnier Clean+ and Nivea Energy both make a proper face scrub that doesn't cost a ton.
Kiehl's is nice, but too spendy for me and doesn't do that much better than the two products mentioned above

Nothing necessarily wrong with glycerine. I just think of it as a cheaper ingredient. I usually pay more for a face wash than say a body wash so I don't want the bulk of it to be glycerine. Analogy: I don't won't mixed nuts to be 90% peanuts. You can google propylene glycol and make your own choices. I don't see it as a cleanser so I don't want a lot of it in my face product. Just my personal preference.

I have used the Neutrogena Invigorating Face Wash for Men, Neutrogena Razor Defense Scrub, Nivea for Men Face Wash and Nivea Energy Pre-Shave Scrub over the last month, each for 1 week. As I stated in the OP I've been using the LAB Series Multi-Action Face Wash for a long time so all comparisons were made to it.
All of them are much harder to rinse off than the LAB Series. For that reason I still prefer the LAB Series!
I didn't notice any better or worse shaves, or any better or worse feeling skin from any of them.
My ranking is as follows:
1. LAB Series Multi-Action Face Wash:thumbup1:
2. Nivea Men Energy Face Scrub
3. Nivea Nivea for Men Face Wash
4. Neutrogena Razor Defense Scrub
5. Neutrogena Invigorating Face Wash for Men (Giving this the lowest ranking because of the Menthol in it. I don't care for that at all!:thumbdown)

View attachment 647529

I have placed an order for:
Jack Black Pure Clean Daily Facial Cleanser
Kiehl's Facial Fuel Energizing Face Wash
Grooming Lounge Mug Cleaner Face Wash
Urth Face Wash

I'll do the same trial with each of them and report back.

I agree with everything but LAB, never used it. Neutrogena and Nivea are really good.

Been using Keihl's Facial Fuel for 3-4 years now and it's great stuff. It incorporates a bit of caffeine, menthol and vitamin E and just wakes up your face in the morning.

For scrubs, Jack Black Face Buff has been my go to for a while now.

I use both the Neutrogena Invigorating and the Nivea Original pretty much interchangeably. They both work great. YMMV though.

I used the Kiehl's Facial Fuel Energizing Face Wash this week. It has some menthol in it, but it is not over whelming like the Neutrogena Razor Defense Face Scrub. It was easy to rinse, but due to the menthol I'm ranking it below the Jack Black Pure Clean Daily Facial Cleanser and the Dove Men+Care So far the LAB Series Multi-Action Face Wash is still my favorite.
I used the Jack Black Pure Clean Daily Facial Cleanser the prior week and I like it almost as much as the LAB Series Multi-Action Face Wash. It is almost as easy to rinse as the LAB Series and I kinda like the smell. I'll be keeping this in my Pre Shave rotation.

My Rankings so far:

2. Jack Black Pure Clean Daily Facial Cleanser
3. (Tie) Dove Men+Care Scrub Deep Clean
3. (Tie)Dove Men+Care Wash Hydrate
4. Kiehl's Facial Fuel Energizing Face Wash.

5. Nivea Men Energy Face Scrub
6. Nivea Nivea for Men Face Wash
7. Neutrogena Razor Defense Scrub
8. Neutrogena Invigorating Face Wash for Men (Giving this the lowest ranking because of the Menthol in it. I don't care for that at all!:thumbdown)

I really like one, but it probably won't get a lot of mentions as its not marketed specifically to men. I started using it because I got some for free a few years ago as part of a care package, while on deployment. It is St. Ives' apricot scrub. My face always feels great afterward. Even though it is t advertised as a preshave wash, it seems to do a good job of getting my face ready. Just my $.02.

+1 on St Ive's! When I started (real) wet shaving I borrowed my wife's tube and it was great. I've since bought Jack Black Face Buff but will likely go back to St Ive's.

I used the Urth Face Wash this week. Doesn't lather at all, but I like the scent, which doesn't linger, and it rinses off easily as the LAB Series. I'll be keeping this in my pre shave rotation.

My Rankings so far:

2. Jack Black Pure Clean Daily Facial Cleanser
3. Urth Face Wash
4. (Tie) Dove Men+Care Scrub Deep Clean
4. (Tie)Dove Men+Care Wash Hydrate
5. Kiehl's Facial Fuel Energizing Face Wash.

6. Nivea Men Energy Face Scrub
7. Nivea Nivea for Men Face Wash
8. Neutrogena Razor Defense Scrub
9. Neutrogena Invigorating Face Wash for Men (Giving this the lowest ranking because of the Menthol in it. I don't care for that at all!:thumbdown)

+1 on St Ive's! When I started (real) wet shaving I borrowed my wife's tube and it was great. I've since bought Jack Black Face Buff but will likely go back to St Ive's.
I buy St Ives in three packs from amazon, it's pretty much the same price at HEB though. Can't recommend it enough for a facial scrub. I use a konjac sponge as well

I used The Grooming Lounge Mug Wash this week. I like this cleanser a lot. It has a pleasant scent that doesn't linger. Rinses off easily. I'm still ranking LAB Series Multi-Action Face Wash No. 1. This is a close 2nd!

My rankings of the facial cleansers that I've used so far:
My Rankings so far:
2. The Grooming Lounge Mug Wash :001_cool:
3. Jack Black Pure Clean Daily Facial Cleanser
4. Urth Face Wash
5. (Tie) Dove Men+Care Scrub Deep Clean
5. (Tie)Dove Men+Care Wash Hydrate
6. Kiehl's Facial Fuel Energizing Face Wash.

7. Nivea Men Energy Face Scrub
8. Nivea Nivea for Men Face Wash
9. Neutrogena Razor Defense Scrub
10. Neutrogena Invigorating Face Wash for Men (Giving this the lowest ranking because of the Menthol in it. I don't care for that at all!:thumbdown

I'm a big fan of Lab Series Multi-Action (been using it for a couple of years) and I recently got a sample of Anthony Logistics facial cleanser. This may be the only product to pull me away from Lab Series - I was very impressed and will definitely be purchasing more in the future for further comparison.

I'm a big fan of Lab Series Multi-Action (been using it for a couple of years) and I recently got a sample of Anthony Logistics facial cleanser. This may be the only product to pull me away from Lab Series - I was very impressed and will definitely be purchasing more in the future for further comparison.

Was it the Glycolic or the Algae Facial Cleanser?

Top Bottom