What's new

New little one

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Went down to the local old fashioned hardware store today to pick up a cast iron cornbread mold for Mom's Christmas present. When I got up to the register they had a new display box of mini MM cobs along with some full sized MM cobs. Haven't seen those little ones in years. Sooo, having the gentlemanly restraint that I have...I got one...$3. Here's a pic. next to a regular sized MM cob...cutest little thing. SWMBO loves it.

And not to leave out Mom's corn bread mold:

It seems that the good old hardware stores are getting overrun by the big box stores. This one is like I remember from being a kid (even though I'm not "from" here), except it doesn't have stuff hanging off the ceiling. The local surplus store does though.

Seems like someone was excited to see an old hardware store as he took a video. He starts in the tools section, then walks up the ramp to the General Merchandise section (and yes, they still sell guns and ammo), but didn't go back to the left to the nuts and bolts section. And he didn't go up the other ramp to the Plumbing section. They also have a little warehouse across the little alley in the back that has metal pipes, rebar, etc. that they cut to order for you to pick up while you wait, and then you pull down the alley to load it up.

Ah, disappearing America. The cast iron aisle is at about 1:06 in the video...top shelf on the right.

Dang, I have been in there too much...I know where everything is at! :biggrin1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78yUxDVr6h0

Last edited:

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Holy Moley that thing is tiny! It will keep your nose warm though!

I hope so...it's supposed to freeze here this weekend.

Although it will probably only be about a 3 minute smoke. :lol:

Last edited:
Top Bottom