What's new

Do you rinse your soap puck off after use?

In order to best preserve the life of a soap, do you rinse of the sudsy stuff between uses anf let it dry, "clean"? Or do you just let it sit as is/cover it as is?

I use the same soap for a few days in a row, usually about a week. If I plan on using the soap again the following day - no rinse. If I am putting it back into storage then I rinse and let air dry before putting it back in the drawer. This is definitely not necessary, but I like seeing a nice clean top when I rummage through the stockpile trying to pick out which to use.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
I 3017 my soaps, so don't worry overly much about it retaining some moisture. Post-loading, I wipe up most of the remaining proto-lather/paste with my finger and smear it on my face.

I rinse off the container, frequently this also rises off the surface of the soap. Doesn't seem to make a difference to the soap.

If the container is really messy, I rinse. If not, I just put the lid on, if it has one, and put it in the shave drawer.

So i think i'll combine the advice I got, except that I won't put the cover on wet as that let to a fairly permanent softening of Tabac.

i shall;
1) wipe the proto-lather onto my face just prior to face lathering

2) let the puck dry through the day and cover it through the night

Thanks for all the advice!

I just cover and put away. No drying. Normally anyways, my brush is suffering from badger pattern baldness so... sometimes it gets a rinse to get a bit of hair out.

Most of my soaps are in tins, and they tend to get a bit messy when loading/lathering. I rinse off the outsides mainly, and just cover when it has had a bit of time to dry. Whatever froth is left just stays on the puck.

I used to keep them all neat and rinsed, but realized it was more of an aesthetic thing and added one more step to my morning ritual. And the truth is, they last so long and I have so many at this point, I don't think I'll run out of soap for a good 15 years or more...and let's face it, shaving will probably be outlawed by then. :)

Used to dry my soaps but not anymore. I find that they tend to dry out enought even when in a closed container since I have so many in rotation that I don't use any of them very often.

Top Bottom