What's new

On a Quest.

Gentlemen-

I am on a quest to find a better brand of both long and short sleeve t-shirts. I am tired of bacon neck collars on my cotton T's. My t-shirts are worn for working out (strenuously), boating, lots of outdoor activity, and are for use at my home in Belize. Trade winds keep me cool during the day, but in the evening after a long day in the sun, the coolness sets in and I want to wear a long sleeve. I would normally wear the long T at a beach bar or dinner at night, over top of shorts and sandals.

I love both V-neck and regular T's. I normally wear UA, Asics, Dockers or Adidas shorts. I haven't tried any of their tops, and don't really know the value of nylon T's yet.

Cotton T's just don't work in the tropics and I would like something that is tapered without being a compression top (which I only wear while scuba diving).

FWIW, I am 5'11", 185, very trim. Thank you, P90X!

All help appreciated.

Last edited:
The best tee's I've got are Under Armor. I have four that I wear for work, so they get worn once a week (I work 3-4 days), they are about 7 years old and still look like new. I wear a ballistic vest over them, under a wool uniform for 12 hour shifts. Cheap tee's don't last very long.

I love Banana Republic's Pima cotton tees in stretch cotton for working out and lounging around. I have a few. These only come in white, black and gray. The V-neck version doesn't come in the stretch but the regular is perfectly fine for everything beside working out. Their soft wash cotton tees are also a good choice; they're a bit lighter in weight but are also a little less tapered, even though I still love their fit. They come in many colors and have long sleeve options for your chilly nights at the beach bar.

+1 for UA. Well made and very good performance.

The best tee's I've got are Under Armor. I have four that I wear for work, so they get worn once a week (I work 3-4 days), they are about 7 years old and still look like new. I wear a ballistic vest over them, under a wool uniform for 12 hour shifts. Cheap tee's don't last very long.

Top Bottom