What's new

Red Ink

I hate red ink all my teachers were always looking for red ink when they looked at my papers.

I feel oppressed !!!

Thanks OP for starting this thread. I got Noodlers Nikita and Diamine Poppy to try for my Christmas card writing. Filled a TWSBI Vac700 with the poppy and the free Noodlers Charlie eyedropper with the Nikita. Both nice reds and are likely to show up on cards from our household, now and in the future.

I hate red ink all my teachers were always looking for red ink when they looked at my papers.

I feel oppressed !!!

JMJ -

:lol:

I had a supervisor at work that would mark up our (mine and several new co-workers) paperwork with so much red ink, that he had to switch to purple because he used all his red pens.

YBIC
Mike

I had a supervisor at work that would mark up our (mine and several new co-workers) paperwork with so much red ink, that he had to switch to purple because he used all his red pens.
All the more reason to use a fountain pen. You don't use them up; you just refill them! :thumbup1:

I will throw in a recommendation for Noodler's Antietam. The only other red I own is J. Herbin Rouge Hematite, I love the way it writes, but its a little too much for every day use. I will admit I used an ink draw after letting it settle to get the ink without the sheening flecks in it.

As for blacks, I am a big fan of Noodler's Heart of Darkness and J. Herbin Perle Noire. Heart of Darkness is my regular black in whatever pen I am carrying every day, but Perle Noire does come in a 100m bottle so that may change soon, and the fact that it has a cartridge option will be nice for traveling.

Red dragon ... AND I find Goulete's online ink samples a really nice way to narrow down a color choice. I was looking for a gray/silver and I was able to narrow a BUNCH of them down to 5 I needed to try. Of course you can purchase a sample of each of your finalists. If you've only tried a couple, you might want to get one of their sampler sets. Anyway, here's the link to the online samples. Narrow it down by color, then choose some to compare to each other:

http://www.gouletpens.com/ink-samples/c/21

Can't seem to edit ...

Anyway I forgot another I really like: Caran D'Ache Infra Red. Hard to really appreciate in swabs bit an awesome bright red in a pen.

My favorite red: Diamine Classic Red. Good solid "true" red

Sorry don't have a favorite black, but I have used the following: Levenger Raven Black, Noodler's Black (bulletproof), and Blackstone Black Cashmere. It was a pre-production ink. I was involved in the testing of it. The test batch came as a 4 gram packet/sachet of ink powder which you could mix at a concentration of your choosing. I mixed up 30 ml - a wet ink. (13.x%).

The black they ended up releasing is different than that test batch. It is available through Just Write Pens in Australia. Part of the Colours of Australia series. Five inks- Uluru Red, Barrier Reef Blue, Sydney Harbour Blue, Daintree Green and Black Stump Black. http://justwrite.com.au/Blackstone-...ckstone-Colours-of-Australia-All-Five-Colours

I have tried (tested) Daintree Green, Sydney Harbour Blue and Barrier Reef Blue.

Top Bottom