What's new

The wait begins!

strop

Now half as wise
First, let me apologize because I forgot to take pictures in my haste to get a package mailed. That said, I promise pics when said package is returned.

Two fo the first or so pens I purchased back in the mid to late 80's were the Sheaffer Targa and Connoisseur. I really thought I had lost them long ago. I recently found them in the bottom of box, in a little wooden box, and then remembered why they were there.

The Targa, body was broken. Not the steel exterior, but the plastic inside, and the Connoisseur was missing the decorative top of the cap.

They are now making their way to the Sheaffer/Cross Repair Center in Rhode Island. No estimated time frame until they take a look at them.

Don't know about the Targa, but the 2 Connoisseur's that I have are wonderful writers. The wait for their return will be worth it indeed...can't wait for the pics when they do:wink2:

Last edited:

strop

Now half as wise
I do remember the Connosiuer as a great writer, though it has been 20 years at least since I wrote with it.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
First, let me apologize because I forgot to take pictures in my haste to get a package mailed. That said, I promise pics when said package is returned.

Two fo the first or so pens I purchased back in the mid to late 80's were the Sheaffer Targa and Connoisseur. I really thought I had lost them long ago. I recently found them in the bottom of box, in a little wooden box, and then remembered why they were there.

The Targa, body was broken. Not the steel exterior, but the plastic inside, and the Connoisseur was missing the decorative top of the cap.

They are now making their way to the Sheaffer/Cross Repair Center in Rhode Island. No estimated time frame until they take a look at them.

Does that repair center have the BrianW seal of approval?

Don't know about the Targa, but the 2 Connoisseur's that I have are wonderful writers. The wait for their return will be worth it indeed...can't wait for the pics when they do:wink2:

I do remember the Connosiuer as a great writer, though it has been 20 years at least since I wrote with it.
Actually, it's Connaisseur (some kind of weird French spelling, I guess. :001_rolle) I've got two, also (a black Sheaffer and a Mediterranean Sea Blue Sheaffer-Levenger), and they're awesome pens. Classic shape, great size, very well made. Unfortunately, many others agree and they're not cheap. I got very lucky when I scored mine at low-end prices (under $100). I'd love to have more! :drool:

strop

Now half as wise
That's what happens when you rely on Spell-Check!:lol:

I really can't remember what I paid for it new, and haven't even looked at ebay to see what they are going for now. It couldn't have been overly expensive, since I was just out of school then.

Top Bottom