What's new

Whipped dog boar brush

After reading this thread I decided to buy a brush.
Before I bought 3 shaving brushes from Larry and I was very happy (2 silvertips and 1 black badger).
Today I got maine. $SAM_8862 (Copy).jpg$SAM_8861 (Copy).jpg

Let's see how it will perform.
Best,
>J
Sorry for adding this same picture twice.

Attachments

• $SAM_8862 (Copy).jpg
    $SAM_8862 (Copy).jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 168
Last edited:
My 24mm goblet handle boar from Larry is starting to break in and feel a little softer after a few weeks. Still very stiff though.

I've been breaking in my 30mm WD boar but I think it still needs some work. Its softer than my older Omega though. I have been having trouble keeping enough soap in the brush for a second or third pass. I'm trying to dial it in and I think I need to load more soap. I've also been spoiled with the Plissoft synthetic I recently got, which performs really well right off the bat.

I think my 30mm boar is a lather hog. If the definition of lather hog is to hold on to the lather deep in the brush and not let it go on to the face. I need to squeeze it out and it comes out in huge volumes. I prefer not to do this, but I'm going to try loading more soap since I have a lot of that laying around..:blink:

I think my 30mm boar is a lather hog. If the definition of lather hog is to hold on to the lather deep in the brush and not let it go on to the face. I need to squeeze it out and it comes out in huge volumes. I prefer not to do this, but I'm going to try loading more soap since I have a lot of that laying around..:blink:

That is the cure.... Make more lather. :) Whether or not the amount of soap is worth it, is up to you.

Top Bottom