What's new

New to Cream in Tube

I finally tried cream, since one of my Rudy Vey brushes is made for creams I thought I better try it.

Suavecito was good
Proraso Red the best
Musgo Oak Moss is not very impressive

I know the basics, but which others should I try?

I like the tubes because it's easy to put a dollop in the brush to whip up.

arko shave creams are the best hehe i really like them and they are pretty cheap. the cool mint one is the best one for me.

Arko, C.O. Bigelow.
I also use India Old Spice but it seems devoid of fragrance and it gives but an average lather.
Derby is supposed to be good and cheap like Arko but I have not tried it. I have Rose of Bulgaria, Herbs of Bulgaria Lavender, and several other varieties in stock but have not yet used them.

Super max from Bulgaria or India, Crabtree and Evelyn creams, Palmolive, Gillette and AXE, Blue Stratos from India cream

Last edited:
D.R. Harris, Aqua di Parma, Ingram, to name a few.
[My understanding is C.O. Bigelow is essentially repackaged Proraso.]

C.O. Bigelow is the exact same product as Proraso Green. So, if you liked the performance of Proraso Red you should like the C.O. Bigelow as well, assuming you like the scent.

IMHO, you would be hard pressed to find a tubed cream that can outperform DR Harris. Everything from latherability, to comfort/slickness, to scent quality is top notch. They even come in plastic tubes, which are much better than the inconvenient metal tubes that Proraso and Musgo Real come in.

TOBS and GFT also offer some creams in tubes. If you are new to shaving creams, these are basically the tried-and-true standards.

If I may ask, what didn't you like about Musgo Real Oak Moss? While Oak Moss was not my favorite scent, and a few of the other scents were unusual, Musgo Real is one of my favorite creams. The appearance can throw some people off, as the lather is thin and watery, but the performance is great!

IMHO, you would be hard pressed to find a tubed cream that can outperform DR Harris. Everything from latherability, to comfort/slickness, to scent quality is top notch. They even come in plastic tubes, which are much better than the inconvenient metal tubes that Proraso and Musgo Real come in.

If I may ask, what didn't you like about Musgo Real Oak Moss? While Oak Moss was not my favorite scent, and a few of the other scents were unusual, Musgo Real is one of my favorite creams.

If I may ask, what's wrong with metal tubes? I have the opposite opinion, I prefer the metal tubes as they are easier to press squeeze all the way to the end and plus they are more environmental friendly. :blink:

Agree. Musgo Real is a great cream! :thumbup1:

Give Musgo Real another try. The blue is good and they have really nice scents.
Did you try Lavanda by Ach Brito and La Toja?

$musgo real blue.jpg$Ach_Brito_Lavanda.jpg$La Toja Cream.jpg

If I may ask, what's wrong with metal tubes? I have the opposite opinion, I prefer the metal tubes as they are easier to press squeeze all the way to the end and plus they are more environmental friendly. :blink:

Agree. Musgo Real is a great cream! :thumbup1:

If a metal tube gets smashed/dented, while traveling or something, the cream will stay under pressure until you unscrew the cap. Then it will squirt everywhere. Plastic tubes don't have this problem, as the tube springs back to its original shape.

Another vote for Speick. I love Speick even after using it for years and years (OK, about 5 years). Proraso Green is great, too, especially in the summer.

A friend of mine from India brought me some tubes of Old Spice recently and its performance is great...still can't decide how I feel about the scent. It's a little heavy until diluted.

Top Bottom