What's new

Make your own envelopes

I picked up a We R Memory Keepers envelope punch board, and a package of interesting looking paper with 20+ different designs from Michael's. It was easy to figure out, and the board lets you make a bunch of different sized envelopes.

Below is my first custom envelope. I added stickers for the addresses since it was a kind of a busy print. I plan to have some fun with Christmas Cards this year!

$custom_envelope.jpg

Aww. Just checked and amazon is out of stock. Other sellers have it, but for more expensive or high shipping.
I'll keep checking.
Thanks for the idea!!

Aww. Just checked and amazon is out of stock. Other sellers have it, but for more expensive or high shipping.
I'll keep checking.
Thanks for the idea!!

The link in my original post still shows 4 left. Hurry!

It is fun in a geeky sort of way, although my bride thinks I'm getting in touch with my feminine side by creating my own envelopes.

When my sister was getting married, my wife was into scrapbooking, and had an envelope tool similar to that, and we used a bunch of brown scrapbooking paper to make invitation envelopes similar to yours!
The only difference is that we put the plain brown side as the outside of the envelope, and the printed side to the be inside, so that when the recipient opened the envelope, it was decorated on the inside. It looked VERY classy!

Here are six Christmas envelopes I made up today.

I bought a pack of 12x12 Christmas paper from Michael's (they are having a 40% off sale on 180-sheet bundles). The Gillette one is one I made from a Vintage ad I found online.

$christmas.jpg

Those are awesome! I may have to start making Xmas envelopes! (although the procrastination is strong with this one!)

I learned a few things on the envelope making.

1. Light pressure - Just like with shaving, it pays to have a light touch. Too much pressure when scoring the fold lines causes them to tear.
  2. Direction matters - One of the prints I used had words on it (Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, etc.). I didn't pay attention and I ended up sealing the envelope where the words were upside down.
  3. Blank stickers are your friend - Some of the prints are very busy, and it would be hard to read the addresses. Fortunately, I had some old Avery address label stickers that worked well. I also found some at Target with simple borders on them to class things up a bit.

Top Bottom