What's new

Football Friendly: France vs. England

I thought it was a great event. The French team did what they needed to do, which was play the match. They were always going to have difficulty focusing on this one, and they were understandably a bit flat. England played well, and were marvelous hosts. The English FA, government, and supporters are all to be commended for their behavior both prior to, during, and I'm sure after the match as well. The French fans were fantastic as well, singing La Marseiiles often and in good voice.

Sports will always take a back seat when a great national tragedy occurs. Hopefully it helped some people take their minds off of the ordeal of last week, for a time at least. The sense of Unity at Wembly was a great show of resilience. A great day for Football (Soccer).

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I thought it was a great event. The French team did what they needed to do, which was play the match. They were always going to have difficulty focusing on this one, and they were understandably a bit flat. England played well, and were marvelous hosts. The English FA, government, and supporters are all to be commended for their behavior both prior to, during, and I'm sure after the match as well. The French fans were fantastic as well, singing La Marseiiles often and in good voice.

Sports will always take a back seat when a great national tragedy occurs. Hopefully it helped some people take their minds off of the ordeal of last week, for a time at least. The sense of Unity at Wembly was a great show of resilience. A great day for Football (Soccer).
I always like to hear La Marseilles. It is a great piece of music, IMO

Top Bottom