What's new

Chris Kimball leaves America's Test Kitchen

I won't miss him at all. All he ever did was to stand around passing useless comments and he knew less about cooking than average person. I always thought what's the point of having him around. ATK and Essential Pepin are my favorite shows. I hope Pepin show stays on TV.

I'm torn. On one hand I thought CK was a pretentious nitwit and was always waiting for Julia or Bridget to whack him upside the head for his snarky remarks. On the other hand, he was the face and personality of ATK and without his persnickity perfectionism, it wouldn't be what it is.
I used to watch him back in the day. I thought it was odd that both the women on the show looked so similar. Like that was his taste in women.

I liked watching the show. I'm sure he can be replaced but he was the face of the brand(s). I hated all the liberties they'd take when I bought something from them, sending me stuff I didn't want then threatening to sic Guido on me if I didn't pay, [emoji38] Probably my fault for not reading the fine print, but I never had that happen with any other company.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I agree, Owen. You didn't use my whole quote. I'm tired of seeing people like this in any television show.

Don
I am not sure what happened there. I was agreeing he wouldn't be good. My quote of yours makes it look like you thought he would be good, when you did not say that at all. I must have screwed up when I was editing. I am sorry.

on edit: often times I delete some of the quote and keep only what I am responding to. When I was highlighting and back spacing (to delete) I must have screwed up.

My wife and I think he is a dork. A dork that we watch every week and have scheduled to record on the DVR....both shows. :thumbup:
I think his show's are great and missed a lot of the early years. His history lesson's and lectures on things like, "does searing the meat actually lock in moisture" are good.

...now they need to hire some sexy lady chef's and play a little classic rock in the background.

I'm surprised no one has brought up is "previous life" and association with the Grateful Dead

bet you will never look at him in the same way now :punk: $punk_band.gif :punk:

proxy.php

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Wow! Has it really been nearly eleven months since this news hit the stands?

Anyhow, I just got an email advertising ATK's "Complete" cookbook (i.e., all seventeen seasons). As expected, CK ain't on the cover.

The news I got from it, though, is that the new hosts of the show are Bridget and Julia. That should be interesting, and it's a bit encouraging. I'm glad to see they didn't bring in some "powerhouse" personality to host, and I'm ENORMOUSLY relieved to see that it isn't going to be "Doc" Willoughby. That dude grates my nerves something fierce.

So, let's see what we get next year.

Top Bottom