What's new

Does anyone Still have the essential B&B pen

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I still have mine. It's been a while since they made it into the active rotation (although I could say that about a lot of my great pens.)

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
I have a Model 27, I use it every day at work. It is not the B&B pen though.

great news,...

cause i just noticed we don't have a review in the stickies on it... so I've made a list of all youse guys,....

and i have abilities now

I actually have 2... One of them I'm not sure I even ever inked up more than once then cleaned nicely and put it back into it's box. lol

I have mine, medium stub. Never really warmed to it as a writing instrument, and haven't tried to use it in a while. Still, it's a bit of B&B memorabilia, along with my notebook cover, and I'm not much for selling extra pens in any case. If somebody wants it, they can attend my estate sale, but I haven't set a date for that yet.:001_cool:

strop

Now half as wise
I pulled this one out this week, mainly because of this thread. M stub nib that is very smooth. It is just a little thin for my hand, which is why it isn't used as often as some.

My only problem with it, is that the body unscrews from the section when I unscrew the cap. Anyone have a fix for this?

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
I pulled this one out this week, mainly because of this thread. M stub nib that is very smooth. It is just a little thin for my hand, which is why it isn't used as often as some.

My only problem with it, is that the body unscrews from the section when I unscrew the cap. Anyone have a fix for this?

I think that is true with most of the #27's Mark. I just screw the body a smidgen tighter and that seems to work.

I think that is true with most of the #27's Mark. I just screw the body a smidgen tighter and that seems to work.

My No. 27 does the same thing, which is kind of annoying. Scott's solution works until it loosens up and/or I forget to cinch it down tight after refilling the converter.

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
I still have mine as well. Interesting, as I was just holding it and looking it over yesterday.

James, I have the 2nd Essential. It was a Christmas gift from my wife 2 years ago. I thought I made a review.

Apparently, I was "gonna" review it, but never did. I'll get right on it.

By the way... It's been my daily driver ever since my Esterbrook nib made it through the washer/dryer quite scathed, and I somehow misplaced the nib for my Reform. I'll say this about it... don't put it in the same pocket as your keys.

Top Bottom