What's new

westcoastshaving online dificulties?

Any other customers outside the USA having trouble with buying online from this company?

My major credit card doesn't work with their website. Their customer support told me I had to use paypal, for this reason.

I had really bad experience with their website. Made a purchase a while back and had no problems. Next time I tried, they canceled my order and told me I was suspected of fraud. Same name, address & credit card, and rather than use the contact info provided to confirm, they simply canceled. Though it may have been "for my protection" it felt more like an accusation, and I'll not order from them again.

Hi all. First of all, sorry if you've had any problems with the site recently. Orders are flowing in as normal, but we've been aware of a few issues that came about from a recent paypal change. The dev team is working to resolve.

Snookledon, I'm sorry to hear about your experience. We do use a fraud protection service to help drastically cut down on fraud, but it's not impossible for a false positive. Our staff are trained on how to deal with this, but it sounds like retraining is needed. If you're interested, please contact me directly at [email protected] and I'll be happy to straighten this out.

topcatman, I would really be interested in hearing about the issues you've seen. I review every site issue personally and always work with our development team to resolve. Again, my direct email is [email protected].

I just placed an order with WCS a couple of hours ago with no issues. Yay!

I don't want to sound like a shill but I'm a pretty big fan of their website. The pages are well laid out, and I find it easy to get around. This is in stark contrast to some other online vendors.

My biggest knock would be spelling errors. I used to send them in on a fairly regular basis. Sometimes they were fixed, other times not. I know it's not easy to write copy, but someone there has an issue with apostrophes that show up all over the place for no apparent reason.

And that $80 minimum for free shipping is going to put me in the poor house, but at least I'll look and smell great while I'm there! :sob:

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Another issue I have is that I have done searches for specific razors on bing or google and get links to your website, but when I get to your website ill find out its from a webcrawler saved page from 3 years ago. example I looked up cadet razors for fun and found a link to your website having them for sale, the funny thing is the advertisement was that they had gone out of stock/been discontinued 2-3 years ago.

I did a search for your name on bing and google, and a cartoon character shows up, which is obviously not you.
Can you fix this please?

Last edited:
The search functions are crap, you say I can look for soaps from a specific country if I click the box next to it. the funny thing is, if I select a country to see what soaps they make, none show up for me. none.

It works just fine for me.

Attachments

• $2015-11-14-2125.jpg
    $2015-11-14-2125.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:
I don't have any issue with West Coast Shaving. They have a great selection of products, and I've always found their customer service to be exemplary. In regard to the technical issues, I work in software and have worked for a number of companies. Technical difficulties happen to everyone even the giants like Google. The difference is that WCS probably has a small technical staff. Yes, it's frustrating to experience a technical issue, but it seems like they're attempting to address it. It's up to each person to make the call on whether they want to use a vendor, but from my previous good experiences I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.

I have never had anything but good luck with WCS, and one time, when I had the slightest complaint, John was right there to address it. Just like the concerns above. Pretty first class outfit.

I haven't ordered anything from WCS for a few months but back then the process was as smooth as silk. What I like about them most is the large variety of products they carry.

I have made purchases from West Coast Shaving many times with excellent results each time. Prices and service are great. I completely understand their use of fraud protection services. As a brick and mortar retailer with web sales for over 30 years, I can assure you that getting stung by criminals is NO fun. I was always overly cautious, and if there was any hint that something was wrong, I simply rejected the order and stopped the process immediately. International orders especially can get pretty spicy. So, I see no fault in West Coast being overly cautious, and I think we as consumers should congratulate them for their efforts, for in the long run, it ultimately saves us money. Once you get stung on a transaction, it takes many, many, many more good transactions to make up for the losses.

Hi all. First of all, sorry if you've had any problems with the site recently. Orders are flowing in as normal, but we've been aware of a few issues that came about from a recent paypal change. The dev team is working to resolve.

Snookledon, I'm sorry to hear about your experience. We do use a fraud protection service to help drastically cut down on fraud, but it's not impossible for a false positive. Our staff are trained on how to deal with this, but it sounds like retraining is needed. If you're interested, please contact me directly at [email protected] and I'll be happy to straighten this out.

topcatman, I would really be interested in hearing about the issues you've seen. I review every site issue personally and always work with our development team to resolve. Again, my direct email is [email protected].

John(letterk) has very kindly provided his email at WCS, so folks with problems can contact him directly to try correct any problems. Please take advantage of that offer. West Coast Shaving is a B&B vendor who is offering to try to make things right.

I have no affiliation with WCS other than being a happy customer. I will use West Coast Shaving again for future purchases.

I've bought from WCS many times over the years without a problem. In fact, they once shipped me a scent of a shaving cream that I didn't order and when I emailed, they not only sent the correct one immediately, but let me keep the one they sent erroneously! I call that excellent customer service.

I hear such great things about West Coast Shaving on here, and I do check out their offers and have no problems browsing their site-- but so far, I have found better prices elsewhere and so I have never tried ordering anything.

I browse their website, but always purchase live. Find the website above average in terms of search, information, etc.

Reviews are a bit lacking, but we do what we can.

Visiting tomorrow morning after my haircut in fact.

Top Bottom