What's new

Cigar Bid Disasters?

I would be interested to find out where you got your info regarding the Rocky Patels. In my opinion Rocky Patels are some of the best cigars out there. I know the vintage 90 and 92 have both received excellent reviews. These cigars normally go for about $120 a box so getting them for under $40 would have been a steal. Were they perhaps seconds or knock offs and maybe that's why they got bad reviews?

I would be interested to find out where you got your info regarding the Rocky Patels. In my opinion Rocky Patels are some of the best cigars out there. I know the vintage 90 and 92 have both received excellent reviews. These cigars normally go for about $120 a box so getting them for under $40 would have been a steal. Were they perhaps seconds or knock offs and maybe that's why they got bad reviews?

The RP Vintage sticks are very good. We were discussing the R4 though. It comes in a Corojo or Maduro wrapper. I didn't think they will be in the same class, but worth the price of admission. They seemed to have gotten mixed reviews, so we will see.

I guess we shall soon find out about the Nubs...order placed.

CI had a daily deal for a Perdomo Sampler...$25 and free delivery for the entire order. I have wanted to try the Reserves and ESVs, couldn't pass this up.

Perdomo Ultimate '08 Collection includes:
1 - Perdomo ESV '91 Regente (5" x 54)
1 - Perdomo ESV '91 Regente Maduro (5" x 54)
1 - Perdomo Reserve Cameroon 'R' (5" x 54)
1 - Perdomo Reserve Champagne 'R' (5" x 54)
1 - Perdomo Reserve Maduro 'R' (5" x 54)
1 - Perdomo Reserve Sun Grown 'R' (5" x 54)
1 - Perdomo Habano Corojo Robusto (5" x 52)

Fivers of...

Nub 460 Connecticut
Nub 460 Habano
Nub 464 Torpedo Camaroon

The RP Vintage sticks are very good. We were discussing the R4 though. It comes in a Corojo or Maduro wrapper. I didn't think they will be in the same class, but worth the price of admission. They seemed to have gotten mixed reviews, so we will see.

Right. The R4 (supposedly from what I've read thus far) is Patel's take on the "bundled" cigar. To be sure, the expectations of this cigar are not going to be as high as, say, the Vintage lines, but with the Patel name on them I certainly wasn't expecting garbage, either.

proxy.php

Well here is my score from St. Croix Cigar. NUB Cameroon torp in the big 66 size, Perdomo Habano Maduro robusto, and a Sancho Panza Double Maduro.

I talked to the fella there(didn't catch his name)and he said the NUB cammies are the way to go. They didn't have any of the Habanos, but they did have the Connecticut in the 58, but he said the Connecticuts were getting mixed reviews. The cammie is supposedly very good though. And, should take over an hour to smoke!

Cory, I can't believe they sell the freaking Fresco Belicosos for $2.75 there. I'd smoke those things all day for that price.

Almost grabbed a RP Decade. But I didn't want to spend over $20 and the Decade toro was $9.85. The NUB I got was $7.25, which isn't too bad considering they are the hot new thing at the moment.

proxy.php

Well here is my score from St. Croix Cigar. NUB Cameroon torp in the big 66 size, Perdomo Habano Maduro robusto, and a Sancho Panza Double Maduro.

I talked to the fella there(didn't catch his name)and he said the NUB cammies are the way to go. They didn't have any of the Habanos, but they did have the Connecticut in the 58, but he said the Connecticuts were getting mixed reviews. The cammie is supposedly very good though. And, should take over an hour to smoke!

Cory, I can't believe they sell the freaking Fresco Belicosos for $2.75 there. I'd smoke those things all day for that price.

Almost grabbed a RP Decade. But I didn't want to spend over $20 and the Decade toro was $9.85. The NUB I got was $7.25, which isn't too bad considering they are the hot new thing at the moment.

Awesome score and great pic! Re: Frescos - Yup! :wink:

Patience is definitely needed when using cbid. A few weeks ago, I won a box of the Perdomo Habano Corojo Robustos for $64. I just bid on a box this past week with a max bid of $61, but the wining bid for both boxes offered was $76. I can get this cigar any day of the week for $70. Some people just don't shop around.

If you want a really good RP cigar for a decent price, then check out the Rocky Factory Selects Corojos from famous-smoke.com. I purchased a bundle of the toros a couple weeks ago for $35 when the had them for their daily cigar monster deal. A terrific cigar for the money. I wish I would have grabbed a few more bundles.

Agreed that patience is key with CBid. I came within a hair's width of scoring a bundle (25) of Flor de Oliva Maduro Robustos and a fiver of El Mejor Espresso Torpedos for about $40 total, but I can't kid myself here...my bidding has been to suit my budget and not tailored to the market, so I have to keep my expectations in check until I can be a little looser with the purse strings.

On the flip-side, though, it sure is a hell of a lot of fun to browse and bid while killing time until my RH beads come in. If I score something for a rediculously low price, awsome! If not, well, I sure can't go wrong with a guaranteed 25 Fresco Maduro Belicosos, either. :wink:

Edit: I spoke too soon. I did win the fiver of El Mejor Espressos!

Top Bottom