What's new

25 Things Fast Food Chains Don't Want You to Know

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
My first job was at a small grocery store when I was 15. Small as in 8 aisles big.

They used to make "Ham Salad" and they could never keep it on the shelf. Folks would buy it up as soon as it hit the shelf and even come in asking "when you going to put out more ham salad?". The standard response was "probably in a few days".

No one ever questioned it...but the reason it was always "just a few more days" is because the meat guy would wait for the processed meats to expire before grinding them up and making Ham Salad.

He would open up all the expired packs of Oscar Meyer lunch meat and other expired deli meat and add spices and run it through the grinder and mixer a few times to make what they called Ham Salad. Packaged it up in those nifty 1lb salad containers and watched it fly off the shelf!

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
This being a Texan sounds a complicated affair

I guess we need to find the post were I told Owen the Texas Rangers were after his butt for putting beans in his chili or something like that. I think it was in the Texas Red Chili thread. Since then Owen has been looking over his shoulder.

My first job was at a small grocery store when I was 15. Small as in 8 aisles big.

They used to make "Ham Salad" and they could never keep it on the shelf. Folks would buy it up as soon as it hit the shelf and even come in asking "when you going to put out more ham salad?". The standard response was "probably in a few days".

No one ever questioned it...but the reason it was always "just a few more days" is because the meat guy would wait for the processed meats to expire before grinding them up and making Ham Salad.

He would open up all the expired packs of Oscar Meyer lunch meat and other expired deli meat and add spices and run it through the grinder and mixer a few times to make what they called Ham Salad. Packaged it up in those nifty 1lb salad containers and watched it fly off the shelf!

Now you see why they put a devil on the can.

$1979-Underwood-Deviled-Ham.jpg

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I guess we need to find the post were I told Owen the Texas Rangers were after his butt for putting beans in his chili or something like that. I think it was in the Texas Red Chili thread. Since then Owen has been looking over his shoulder.

When you're in Texas look behind you, 'cause that's where the Ranger's going to be.

Now I will have that awful song (Chuck Norris is no crooner) stuck in my head.

Yuck I almost barfed and I love ham. Especially the spiral type ham.

I've always assumed this to be the case, along with the store potato salad, cole slaw, etc. Old stuff getting used up. Oddly enough I like a lot of the store cole slaws, unless they dump too much celery salt in it. I think they mask the rotten cabbage and out-of-date mayonnaise by filling it full of sugar.

Top Bottom