What's new

December Mess Hall Group Cookout - Theme: Comfort Food

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Mess Hall Group Cookout

Everyone likes a cookout. So that's what we're doing. It will be a lot of fun and this includes you. The idea of the cookout is very simple. We plan on having a monthly cookout with a theme where everyone is cooking the same thing. Any and all members are welcomed to join. The cookout dates will be posted so you will have plenty of time to gather your ideas and ingredients. A “theme” of what’s to be cooked will also be posted. Each participating member will cook from their own home using any method they see fit, (including inside ovens and stove-tops) but staying within the theme for that week. Posting time will include two weekends from Saturday through to the next Sunday, so you will have plenty of time to help you prepare and post. Of course all your efforts will have to be documented with pictures of at least the final product along with a short tutorial.

The real fun will be getting to see what other fellow members come up with across the world. Come on out and join us. You have to eat, so you might as well show us how you cook.

December Mess Hall Group Cookout

Dates: Starts Saturday 12-5-2015, Ends Sunday 12-13-2015

Theme: Comfort Food
Credit: Mike(Simon1)

If you want in, Just say I'm cookin'!!!

Last edited:
I'm cookin'. What? I don't know yet but I will figure something out.

Thanks, Aaron, for organizing this each month. It's a lot of fun and brings forth new ideas.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"

Thanks, Aaron, for organizing this each month. It's a lot of fun and brings forth new ideas.

No problem, it's a heck of a lot of fun. Glad you're in Chris.

I'm Cookin'

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Finally no previous commitments for the group cookout schedule!

I'm COOKIN!

Good Man Jim:thumbup1:

If your work/cookout schedule are butting heads you could make your dish when you have time and then post pictures etc., during the actual Cookout week.

Intrigued

Bigfoot & Bagel aficionado.
I'm cookin'!!!
proxy.php

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!

If you want simple, toss some beans in the crock pot with a ham hock or salt pork, then whip up some corn bread. Texas Red chili is another choice, if you want more complication. When I make either, I enjoy it for days. The wife can't eat it.

Lots of choices for me on this one: Mac & Cheese casserole, stew & dumplings, Chili & cornbread, Sheppard's pie, waffles & bacon...so many choices.

These are all comfort foods to me.

I know there's a pot of Senate Bean Soup on the way, that's a favorite this time of year. Very satisfying.
Biscuits and gravy, grilled cheese with tomato soup, pasta from scratch, PB&J...we'll need to do another Asian food cookout to offset the weight gain from this one! Oh well, worth it.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
I can't stop thinking about a big ole double patty cheese burger with all the fixing's and a combo of fries and onion rings. Or an Au gratin potato casserole served with a cowboy bone-in ribeye.

...then there's pizza.:bored:

....I bet no one's going to make a spinach salad. :tongue_sm

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Comfort Food devotee's:

1. BubblesTGB
2. langod
3. DoctorShavegood
4. Brucered
5. Intrigued
6. otto76
7. Cleanshaved