What's new

Chiseled Face

That's too bad. Cinnawood & Easy were on my list to pick up at some point, but I'm kinda dried up atm. Maybe I'll catch a tub before they clear out.

It was expressed that Midnight Stag would basically replace Redneck. Any indication of Easy St. will have like replacement?

/Monte

I see that RazoRock has two tobacco scented soaps. I wonder how the Sherlock compares to those offerings?

Thanks to everyone for the input!

Personally, I don't think they're remotely similar. Tobacco #2 is straight up tobacco, while sherlock smells mostly like dirt to me. I understand that's what they were going for, but that's the only scent i get from it. Easy St, Sherlock, and Summer Storm all just smell like dirt to me.

Had a shave with Ghost Town Barber soap & AS this morning. Had been a few months since my last use and I forgot what a fantastic combo this is. Top tier stuff for sure. Post AS feel and scent is among the best of the best.

Also recently picked up Midnight Stag soap, wasn't sure if I'd be on board (some may find the scent polarizing) but yeah, I'm on board! Went back and ordered the AS to match. The scent takes me back to my wrench turning days. Wish this were available when I was doing competitions, definitely would've been a great pre-game ritual!

I picked up a tub of Summer Storm the other day and really like it a lot. The scent is fresh and it performs beautifully. I wouldn't mind getting my hands on the Cinnawood and Banana if they are to be discontinued. I will definitely keep CF in my rotation.

Their Banana is very good. Better than Soapy Bathman Banana.

Yes, I will buy any maker's soap if it comes in Banana.

Sherlock is my favorite scent from Chiseled Face. They recently made a batch of Cinawood Boroka soap, I have the A/S and that is another great scent. Sherlock is a very unique strange scent. Kinda earthy, leathery, tobacco, lemon maybe. IDK, all I know is I love the scent. Midnight Stag smelled terrible to me, but I could see how a mechanic or a redneck would like it. Gasoline and gun oil come to mind, but are not scents I want to put on my face IMO. The performance is awesome so it all comes down to scent. GTB is another great scent of theirs.

I'm working my way through a sample of Cedar and Spice. When I first tried it, the scent was almost overwhelming but I've left the lid off and it has mellowed quite nicely.

I got samples of GTB, Summer Storm, and Trade Winds with matching AS. I've tried Trade Winds and Summer Storm soaps so far and am very impressed. I tried the GTB AS and like the scent. They sent Creamsicle AS instead of Summer Storm which was a bummer, but I will definitely be putting in a full order.

I have Ghost Town Barber and Sherlock and enjoy them both. Just used Ghost Town Barber this morning for a nice 4 pass BBS followed by the GTB AS. Chiseled Face AS's are my favorite splashes in this price range. They are nice manly scents, but it is the combination of burn, cooling, and post shave smoothness and cleanness that I really enjoy and appreciate.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Picked up a sample of (discontinued?) Easy St. - had a odd/familiar scent; mango is a component.

Love the GTB and SS aftershaves! Need to try more of their soaps ... might be a while.

AA

Top Bottom