What's new

Never roast in the dark

Using a flashlight does not work :sad:

Got a late start and ended up roasting in pitch darkness with a flashlight..

OY.....

proxy.php

I sometimes roast in the evening during this part of the year when the days are short. The Behmor 1600 has a light inside the oven which helps, but it is important to shine a flashlight at smoke escaping when cracking the door to gauge progress.

I've been roasting in the dark for a very long time... oh wait, you mean at night? :smile: I installed outdoor lights on the side of the garage where I roast. Not as good as daylight, but keeps me from tripping over tree roots that keep moving.

-jim

It can be hard to judge true bean roast color with certain flashlights. I roast in the garage and even though I have mostly fluorescent tubes I do have one incandescent bulb in a range hood above my Behmor that helps.

Mick, you never said how the roast came out.

-jim

I was seat of the pants roasting. Sight was way off so I relied on the feedback from the probes

I was hoping for a espresso roast (city+) but ended up with a light city roast.

Very good pour over roast but I still need to roast some espresso as the Rwandan did not do well in the espresso machine. tasted like coffee, not espresso :sad:

Other than that I would call it a success... Just needed to brew it differently than I wanted to.

So are they dark like Starbucks beans?

Too light for espresso. :nonod:

Killer pour over :yesnod:

Top Bottom