What's new

Thoughts on Lucky Tiger products

The feedback in this thread is unanimous, but at the risk of sounding redundant - Lucky Tiger is one of the most under-rated men's skincare and grooming lines on the market. Lucky Tiger tonic was launched in 1935 when barber Benjamin Clarke's success as a barber was succeeded by his ability to produce a tonic that would regularly help his patrons succeed with the ladies. After a trip to the barbershop for a shave and some tonic, they were off to become a Lucky Tiger. It's a true, proven classic for the Lucky Tiger.

Thanks for the history Joel, good to know. I'm also a regular Lucky Tiger aftershave/tonic user, like pairing with Mike's Barbershop, great stuff! :thumbup1:

I use the After Shave and Face Tonic after every "quick" shave (i.e., when I don't have time for a full three-pass with the DE, followed by alum block, etc.). Works fantastic. The face scrub is great too, a little gritty so it really exfoliates. I find the moisturizer leaves me a little oily later in the day, but that's likely due to my skin type not the product. Oh, almost forgot the liquid shave cream which is also great.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
You know ... the LT Bay Rum after shave just doesn't smell like bay rum. It's a floral scent that's pretty fleeting.

And I don't know which ingredient, but *something* makes your lips tingle/get a bitter taste- through capillary action or something; careful use on subsequent applications not to get any on non-shave areas.

Disappointed, as cold weather's here and bay rums are warming. At least VIBR is.

Anyone else have a funny reaction to the LT Bay Rum?

AA

You know ... the LT Bay Rum after shave just doesn't smell like bay rum. It's a floral scent that's pretty fleeting.

And I don't know which ingredient, but *something* makes your lips tingle/get a bitter taste- through capillary action or something; careful use on subsequent applications not to get any on non-shave areas.

Disappointed, as cold weather's here and bay rums are warming. At least VIBR is.

AA
No funny reaction, but I agree it smells nothing like a bay rum. It's an okay scent, but I too was a bit disappointed overall.

AA

Sorry that you are disappointed! I have NO experience with LT BR.

However, I use LT face tonic and hair tonic on a regular basis. IMO these are true classics!

I use it on a regular basis after I shave, especially in the winter. One of the few products that helps with dry skin in winter.

I like the scent of Lucky Tiger Hair Tonic, but like Vitalis makes your hair very icky. Definitely not for the "wet" look. The Apsen after shave smells nice but has absolutely no projection or longevity.

The feedback in this thread is unanimous, but at the risk of sounding redundant - Lucky Tiger is one of the most under-rated men's skincare and grooming lines on the market. Lucky Tiger tonic was launched in 1935 when barber Benjamin Clarke's success as a barber was succeeded by his ability to produce a tonic that would regularly help his patrons succeed with the ladies. After a trip to the barbershop for a shave and some tonic, they were off to become a Lucky Tiger. It's a true, proven classic for the Lucky Tiger.

+1. Lucky Tiger AS is great, lightweight, and dissipates in 30 minutes or less. I love it

I was about to order one with my last order but they ran out. I'm curious if the face tonic is better than just Thayer's.

Top Bottom