What's new

Tobacquisitions for November 2015

Got a lot of goodies from the Saint Sue auction in October. But that was last month.

So I picked up a coral era Ser Jacopo Rowlette billiard with a horn insert. My affinity for SJ pipes grows with each acquisition.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446778626.772244.jpg

What do you fine gents have to show for this month?

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
This weekend we went to Ann Arbor for the Michigan vs Rutgers game. We had some time to roam around town before the game, so I made a point to visit Maison Edwards, a tobacco shop I'd heard of. It's a nice little shop. And it is little. They don't have a whole lot, but they do have a nice selection of tinned tobaccos. Dunhill, McClelland, Peterson. I ended up buying their house cherry blend. Wish I'd gone with Dunhill. The cherry wasn't impressive.

Right next door to Maison Edwards was an antique shop, where I found this old MM cob. It's almost a shame to smoke it, but I'm going to.

$20151107_123015.jpg

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
And, I also had a couple of goodies waiting for me at home when I got back from the show.

First is a custom Tinsky size 5 tanblast #13 shape low slung bulldog with a handout cut Cumberland stem.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447174443.068962.jpg

Second is a brick of Peretti's Thanksgiving Day.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447174504.479834.jpg

WOW Micah! I think its getting close to time for either an intervention or maybe a warehouse. LOL That's an amazing haul for a single weekend. ENJOY!

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Yeah, I had he Tinsky on order for a while, but I think I'm pretty much done for a while with the big pipe show blowout. In fact I'll likely just focus on doing most of my pipe buying at the show each year.

The Tinsky is naturally a beauty, but that Dr Bob's pipe is ticking off all the right boxes for me. I really like that one. Great haul btw. I'm tempted to try and get out to Vegas next year after your's & Price's posts....Keep em coming fellas!

I ran across this old Sasieni 4-dot Walnut on the popular auction site. In pretty rough shape with no stem. Something told me it had potential, so I won it for $13. I made a stem, cleaned and polished it up and ended up with a pretty nice pipe for <$15 total.

as received..

After a little work...

I ran across this old Sasieni 4-dot Walnut on the popular auction site. In pretty rough shape with no stem. Something told me it had potential, so I won it for $13. I made a stem, cleaned and polished it up and ended up with a pretty nice pipe for <$15 total.

as received..

After a little work...

Win.

Top Bottom