What's new

Wallet Recommendations

I need your wallet recommendations. I thought I found the perfect wallet while in Mexico on a cruise and it has help up for about 9 months, but now it is loose, and if I am not careful when taking my wallet out my cards go flying everywhere!

What I carry: 9 Main charge cards, that include things such as corporate card, personal debit cards, and one emergency charge card. I carry two id's a driver's license and a CFP. I have two medical cards. I love the two areas to hold bills. I also enjoy a zipper pouch but not a must.

Honestly my limit is less than $100. I want this wallet to last! and not fall apart! I am kind of hard on wallets.

I am looking to the great peeps here to recommend a great wallet for me!

Thanks!!!

Popov's 6 card holder can hold 12 cards + and has a bill slot, all for under $100. Chromexcel leather that forms to your cards (no cards falling out), water resistant, stitching as tough as nails. No zippers, but great quality, hand-made product. You can have them personalized if you wish. I've got a couple of their wallets and few other items they make. Highly recommend.

They're a B&B vendor too. :)

Popov's 6 card holder can hold 12 cards + and has a bill slot, all for under $100. Chromexcel leather that forms to your cards (no cards falling out), water resistant, stitching as tough as nails. No zippers, but great quality, hand-made product. You can have them personalized if you wish. I've got a couple of their wallets and few other items they make. Highly recommend.

They're a B&B vendor too. :)

Sweet do you have a link? Is there a discount for B&B?

I have a Saddleback large bifold about 4 years old. It was stiff when new, and actually hard to get out of the hip pocket where I carry it, a pickpockets nightmare, and still does not slide out real easy. Has four card slots that will handle 3-4 cards each, two larger pockets behind them for more and larger items, think 2+ credit cards laying side by side, not quite touching, then a very large, deep bill pocket with a full width and depth flap of pigskin where you can hide a number of bills behind it. I keep about 400 in mine and you only think it is part of the lining.

Sweet do you have a link? Is there a discount for B&B?

http://www.popovleather.ca/

Life time guarantee isn't something you see everyday when it comes to wallets, either.

I can't answer your discount question. I can say that I've ordered a couple times in the past and received a discount code my order though. Email Ryan at the link I provided under Contact Us. Super people.

Geez I am in a dilemma even more now! I really like the 'quickdraw' on the 5 card popov but I would miss the bill area. I wish the 6 card had the 'quickdraw'

Also I really like the saddleback medium billfold.

Picking a wallet is very difficult... it shouldn't be this difficult

Geez I am in a dilemma even more now! I really like the 'quickdraw' on the 5 card popov but I would miss the bill area. I wish the 6 card had the 'quickdraw'

Also I really like the saddleback medium billfold.

Picking a wallet is very difficult... it shouldn't be this difficult

I have the 5 card and the minimalist Popovs. I'm not a heavy cash carrier, so when I do, I just pop a couple bills in the outer slot of my 5 card (4 slots holds 10 cards like a joke by the way). Pretty handy wallet. I carry my minimalist wallet when I'm travelling light or wearing a suit or sport coat for front carrying. Hope you find what you're looking for.

I'm hard on my wallets. My requirements: thin, light, roomy, bifold, non-leather (leather stinks after a while), zipped if possible.
After trying many, I settled on Zipped Bifold from Big Skinny.

proxy.php

I'm hard on my wallets. My requirements: thin, light, roomy, bifold, non-leather (leather stinks after a while), zipped if possible.
After trying many, I settled on Zipped Bifold from Big Skinny.

proxy.php

I am not crazy about the zipper, but some of the other wallets on the site are definitely interesting... hmm interesting.

After 18 years of loyal and happy service, and it was second hand when I got it, I fished my black Calvin Klein wallet out the washing machine a few days ago and had to toss it in the bin. I've got a decent backup wallet but will be on the hunt for another similar CK black folder, I loved it. It was this sort of thing but years of handling had worked the leather to a strop like shine.

Honestly my limit is less than $100. I want this wallet to last! and not fall apart! I am kind of hard on wallets.

An old saying goes "you get what you pay for". A good wallet is expensive, but in the long
run it can save you money by lasting a long time.

My wife bought me this Louis Vuitton wallet for my birthday 5 years ago, and I have carried it every day since, but it still looks in very good condition. It looks good, is not to thick, and, as I have mentioned, it is very durable.

$IMG_2244.jpg

$IMG_2243.jpg

I use a $12.99 tri-fold wallet from Walmart. You do have to check to make sure the stiching and materials are free from defect as sometimes they do have problems, but you can spot those. My last one was submerged in water, and washed accidentally many times before I finally replaced it after over a decade with another one just like it.

I disagree that you get what you pay for, that sounds like a salesman's line in order to charge more. Inexpensive doesn't necessarily mean cheap. The only inherent difference betweeen a well-stiched $12.99 leather wallet and a well-stiched $100 leather wallet is $87.01.

Top Bottom