What's new

Poll: do you want a general chat area?

Would you like a general chat thread?

• Yes, I would like a general chat thread.

• No, I don't want a general chat thread.

Results are only viewable after voting.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I thought I would gauge the opinion of the members of the Hab. In the Brown Leaf we have a general chat thread, and I think it works good there. What I would propose is an area where we are free to shoot the bull. Sure, our conversations might be more geared toward clothing, watches, etc, but this area would allow us to just have general discussions without fear of thread drift (aka highjacking). In fact, thread drift would almost be expected in this thread. So, what do you guys think?

on edit: Maybe we could have it be a newbie intro area, also. Something like "The Haberdashery Newbie Check In and General Chat"

on second edit: the poll is private, so vote even if you don't want to comment.

Last edited:

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Great idea Owen...I'm in.

...thread drift sounds like a drunk granny on an old sewing machine.

Last edited:

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Great idea Owen...I'm in.

...thread drift sounds like a drunk granny on old sewing machine.
Yep. I enjoy thread drift, but some people don't like it when their threads drift off the subject. Maybe we could call it Designated Drift Zone (patent pending) :biggrin:

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I thought that was the purpose of The Barber Shop?
I would think that our general discussions would still have a haberdashery bent to them. Sometimes you want to make a statement or quick question without starting a new thread. I have seen at least a handful of people find B&B via the Haberdashery while doing a google search- I usually see them pop up in the Watch of the Day thread. The Brown Leaf general chat also serves as a newbie introduction area- maybe we could include that, too.

I'm down for a general questions/shoot the bull thread or sticky. I often have hab questions that don't really warrant the start of a new thread.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Sounds good Owen. I know a few members who like to ramble on..........
Post it and see if it gains traction.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Who do you have in mind? Certainly not me. I'll tell you what... Hey look at that squirrel.

Don't worry about the squirrel, it's focused on getting some revenge at Aarons place after the old peanut butter saga.
I would be checking inside my shoes before putting them on if I was Aaron.

That reminds me I dumped the kiwi polish as it was crap.............what do you guys use.:001_smile

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Don't worry about the squirrel, it's focused on getting some revenge at Aarons place after the old peanut butter saga.
I would be checking inside my shoes before putting them on if I was Aaron.

That reminds me I dumped the kiwi polish as it was crap.............what do you guys use.:001_smile
Yes, those squirrels are going to get him. He is playing it off, but he gave them an MRE cracker with MRE peanut butter. Unbeknownst (like my use of that word?) to him- this means war (to quote the great Bugs Bunny)

If it does not otherwise detract from people posting new separate threads that have more focus. :lol:
Sorry I have not ventured into the brown leaf enough to understand how this might play out in the Hab to provide an opinion.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
If it does not otherwise detract from people posting new separate threads that have more focus. :lol:
Sorry I have not ventured into the brown leaf enough to understand how this might play out in the Hab to provide an opinion.
I don't want it to stop people from posting new threads, but sometimes people don't want to start a new thread for a simple question. If they want a new thread, great. If not, then great. At least the person with the question can chose where to go.

On edit: for the record, if anyone here thinks I will get upset because someone asks a question which changes the discussion- that won't happen. Threads evolve, this is a discussion forum, and I like it. Even with light hearted banter, things can be learned.

Last edited:
Top Bottom