What's new

Medium format junkies

Finding good cameras in antique stores takes persistence and luck, but they are out there. You can even re-roll 120 film onto 620 spools if you like. I do that with several cameras that I own. You can even get new bellows for old folders.

None of this negates the good advice above, but these are fun aspects of the hobby as you go along.

Mike

You gave me a great idea! Lol i love to tinker! I may look for an old camera or 2 to rebuild. I have the tools, time, ability, and insanity to give it a try!!

looking back, somewhere, somehow, at sometime... I lost my darkroom from storage; didn't even realize it until now... Gosh I miss my Rollei...

I picked up a Pentax 6x7 in minty condition with a 55mm and 90mm. It's awesome. 120mm is fantastic but the haven't tried enough film yet to settle on a favorite. I will say it takes getting used to developing. I'm still getting scratches. 35 is easier for me. One thing though. Carrying a 120mm slr will get you looks.

I live in an affluent NYC suburb where bigass Canons (mostly) are fashion statements for soccer moms. Showing up with a Mamiya 645, 210mm lens and power winder really confuses them.

Top Bottom