What's new

Toothpaste cleaning

I have read and have even cleaned my straight and my DE with toothpaste and it works well. But I do not like the way my instruments smell afterwards.

In order to combat this, may be we should try this.

I am going home to whip up a batch. The Hydrogen peroxide you use could even be the industrial strength variety as you are not going to use this to brush with. Although that may corrode your instrument.

I use tea tree tooth paste, and have not noticed a smell. The type I use is tea tree with neem. Works very well for me.

i actually used a bit of apple scented dish washing soap. it cleaned the soap scum and stuff right away. a quick dip in some rubbing alcohol and it was as good as new. probably cleaner.

I haven't had my de razor long enough, but my old M3 just gets thrown in the ultrasonic cleaner every now and then... along with jewelry, scuba regulators, metallic coffee mugs, SS snap bolts...

For soap scum I usually just rub the stuff off after a shave, from smooth areas, with my fingers. Works well on my Twin Blade, but not so well on the Tech as its got a finely knurled handle for the majority of it. Old toohbrushes get relegated to fine-detail duty.

- boingk

Top Bottom