What's new

L'Occitane

Tried and true method for getting rid of that troublesome excess cash.

1. Land at ORD.
2. Visit bartender friend in small Admirals Club.
3. Consume wine.
4. Visit bartender friend in big Admirals Club.
5. Consume wine.
6. Head for departure gate.
7. Fail to pass by Duty Free Store.
8. Find L'Occitane on sale.
9. Fly home with Cade Aftershave Balm and Cade Eau de Toilet.

Afterword: Lady friend approves purchases. Be happy. :thumbup:

And an ad for L'Occitane arrives in my inbox, even as I post here. Must-t-t-t resist.

Last year I became fascinated with scents, and read some about Grasse, France. I was pleased to see Mer & Mistral is a product of Grasse.

"Resistance is Futile." :a47:

And an ad for L'Occitane arrives in my inbox, even as I post here. Must-t-t-t resist.

Last year I became fascinated with scents, and read some about Grasse, France. I was pleased to see Mer & Mistral is a product of Grasse.

"Resistance is Futile." :a47:
Yes, the flyer's and the shopping channel. L'Occitane wants to take over your life.

I'm hoping to get a bottle of eau de baux for my birthday, which will be my first l'occitane product - I'm looking forward to trying it out!

Count me as a fairly recent convert. I have had a puck of Cade for a long time and it works great for me, but the scent is only so-so. I have the Cedre & Oranger EDT and I really like that. I tried the body and shower gel and liked that too, but there was some discolouration in the top third of the bottle. Apparently the cause is exposure to the cold weather. The performance was unaffected. Last week, I picked up the Cedrat deodorant, but that seems more suited to the summer so I will put it in a drawer until the snow melts.

So my other half did indeed get me eau de baux - it's often compared to tom ford's tobacco vanille, and i can see why - in fact i've seen it referred fo as the 'poor man's tobacco vanille' or the 'clever man's tobacco vanille'; but for me, it is better than the tom ford.

I do like tom ford - noir de noir in particular, but eau de baux, whilst obviously less expensive than tobacco vanille, is less cloying and more smoky than it's designer counterpart, and smells all the better for it.

Not sure I should have started this thread. It's becoming a spend-generation AD. Now I really want some Eau de Baux. There was a L'Occitane store in the Philadelphia airport, but I was there before they opened this morning. Bought Cade soap in the DFW Airport store in terminal A.

So my other half did indeed get me eau de baux - it's often compared to tom ford's tobacco vanille, and i can see why - in fact i've seen it referred fo as the 'poor man's tobacco vanille' or the 'clever man's tobacco vanille'; but for me, it is better than the tom ford.

I do like tom ford - noir de noir in particular, but eau de baux, whilst obviously less expensive than tobacco vanille, is less cloying and more smoky than it's designer counterpart, and smells all the better for it.

I have both and prefer the L'Occitane Eau des Baux to the Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille. Fragrances have long been my primary AD, and I have way too many bottles in my cupboards. I have two sons in their early 20s, and the Eau des Baux is the fragrance that they will grab when going out.

Since there is no L'Occitane brick and mortar anywhere near me, I can't go out and test any of their fragrances, but I have read/heard nothing but positive reviews about all of them, especially since they are such high quality for a reasonable price.

I'm interested in the L'Occitan EDT, mainly because I'm looking for an actual wearable fragrance that is reminiscent of Groom & Clean (haha I know I know, I'm weird). Do you L'Occitane users know if L'Occitan smells anything like G&C, only more complex and refined?

Since there is no L'Occitane brick and mortar anywhere near me, I can't go out and test any of their fragrances, but I have read/heard nothing but positive reviews about all of them, especially since they are such high quality for a reasonable price.

I'm interested in the L'Occitan EDT, mainly because I'm looking for an actual wearable fragrance that is reminiscent of Groom & Clean (haha I know I know, I'm weird). Do you L'Occitane users know if L'Occitan smells anything like G&C, only more complex and refined?

L'Occitan is strong black pepper followed by a masculine lavender/woody dry-down. Its good, especially in the fall/winter months. I cant comment on Groom & Clean(never heard of it).

Top Bottom