What's new

The Beer Soap Company

Has anyone ever used these soaps? Are they actual shaving pucks or just bath soaps? The soap is made in rounds as though they will fit a shaving mug, but I cannot seem to find any concrete info on their site confirming shave soap. Please help!

Haven't used them, but looking at the site, those are hand and body soaps. Olive oil, cocoa, shea butters... they aren't going to lather.

I do have some beer soap from Texas Soap Exchange (Shiner Bock) that I use and enjoy as hand soap.

If you're looking for a beer shave soap, Shaver Heaven has a Honey Ale, Tiki has a pumpkin lager, Mickey Lee has Drunken Goat... there are probably others as well.

not sure if this is what you're talking about, but there used to be a company called Beer Soap Brewing Company that made awesome shave soaps in tallow and vegan formulas, and also made bath soaps.
the company changed its name to Country Club for Men. They still make really awesome shave soaps that are criminally under-discussed on the forums.

I had heard about these guys. I remember looking at their website a couple of years ago, and they had some shaving soaps. I heard from 1 person on here that they liked it and it was fairly undervalued by wetshavers as most haven't heard of them.
Then around 6-12 months ago i remembered them and was keen to check out their range (i enjoy beer just as much as most men haha), but suddenly there was no shaving soap to be found. I think they totally changed their range.

not sure if this is what you're talking about, but there used to be a company called Beer Soap Brewing Company that made awesome shave soaps in tallow and vegan formulas, and also made bath soaps.
the company changed its name to Country Club for Men. They still make really awesome shave soaps that are criminally under-discussed on the forums.
I still have about a half of tin of "Bearded Lady" but hadn't heard about the name change.. Good soap, IMO.

I have one of the new Country Club tallow line: Cahaba Blues. I also have four of the aftershaves. All are excellent!

proxy.php

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I got a few soaps from the BSBC incarnation, and they are wonderful. I'd be buying more from Country Club for Men if I weren't just overloaded with soaps and creams.

I have one of the new Country Club tallow line: Cahaba Blues. I also have four of the aftershaves. All are excellent!

proxy.php

Good to know! I have the same soap and AS somewhere in the hands of the post office right now. Will be trying this artisan for the first time. Hopeful I made a good choice with the pairing, your photo makes me feel like I did. :thumbup1:

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Well, shoot. Y'all are tempting me far too much. I just ordered a few AS samples, so we'll see where that leads!

I forgot to mention that the La Habana soap is one of my favorites, and that he does citrus scents very, very well.

Have fun!

the site CountryClubForMen.com has both tallow and vegan shaving soaps. I looked at the site a few minutes ago.

Awesome! Thanks for the info. I hadn't realised the company changed names! Sometimes name changes are a bit 'dangerous' - it's easy to lose reputation and traction with current customer base...case in point haha. Many didn't realise it's the same company. I suppose they are re-inventing themselves. Products look nice!

I realize that this thread is a year-and-a-half old, but I currently have St. Nick's Ale from the Beer Soap Co. in my rotation. Although their ad says "Great for Bathing, Shaving, and Washing Your Hair," it is definitely functional as a shaving soap, and a decent one. Although neither the lather nor the lubrication is outstanding, I get a decent shave every time. It's definitely worth the 11-bucks they charge on Amazon.

Top Bottom