What's new

I have sinned.

Long story short, I was traveling this weekend and brought a small version of my at-home shave den. I had my '59 Fatboy, Stirling SDM soap, SDM aftershave, my Omega 49 brush (nicely broken in now), and some Personna Blades. Saturday morning, I woke up, soaked my brush, bloomed the soap puck, and took my pre-shave shower. Once ready, I dove into my travel kit for my razor and blades. I pulled the razor out, and began looking for blades. But alas, there were none to be found. I did, however, have to shave, blade or no blade. In the bottom of my kit was my Gillette Fusion that has not been used since July. I lathered up and started shaving. BAD IDEA! I guess I'm really getting used to DE shaving because I am now broke out in razor bumps along my jawline, on my cheeks, and on my neck! Never again will I forget to bring extra blades for my DE razor...

Forgive me brothers.

I feel your pain, literally. Same thing happened to me, except it was intentional after reading the carts do well with wet shaving techniques.

When I travel I take a Personna 3 blade razor since I don't have checked baggage all the time. It's not the best solution but the Personna is a decent razor and it's a good compromise. At least you had a backup so don't sweat it. :001_smile

A one-time goof. Heck. There are people out there that don't know any better and are still using those store bought instruments and will never leave the dark side.

Sorry you had such bad luck.

If the cart had been used and sat idle for a long time, is it possible it already had too many shaves on that cart? or maybe improper storage got the better of it, causing the woes, water on the blades at storage time effecting the edge or what not?

You'd have been better off to have not shaved. These days, with stubble being de rigueur it wouldn't have been noticed.

Do you think the shaving industry will enjoy a boom when this trend finally ends (and, it will)?

Sorry you had such bad luck.

If the cart had been used and sat idle for a long time, is it possible it already had too many shaves on that cart? or maybe improper storage got the better of it, causing the woes, water on the blades at storage time effecting the edge or what not?

If the cart sits for a long time forget about it...You gotta change it out.

I did the "shower shave with the 4 blade cart" because I was late for Bible Study.

It's like I didn't even shave.

You're OK. This sort of thing requires criminal intent. None exists here as it was a gaff. :lol:

Hope the rash heals soon!

It's a forgivable mistake. If this ever happens in the future, either don't shave or find the closest drugstore and get a disposable with less than 3 blades (preferably just one, like a Bic Metal or equivalent).

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Yep. You gotta do what you gotta do. It's not like you wanted to. It stinks that you have to suffer so very much, but you have learned the value of a nice DE shave!

Long story short, I was traveling this weekend and brought a small version of my at-home shave den. I had my '59 Fatboy, Stirling SDM soap, SDM aftershave, my Omega 49 brush (nicely broken in now), and some Personna Blades. Saturday morning, I woke up, soaked my brush, bloomed the soap puck, and took my pre-shave shower. Once ready, I dove into my travel kit for my razor and blades. I pulled the razor out, and began looking for blades. But alas, there were none to be found. I did, however, have to shave, blade or no blade. In the bottom of my kit was my Gillette Fusion that has not been used since July.
What no pocket knife to use? :lol:

better off throwing a rock through the window and use one of the shards of glass... basically the same thing but probably more comfortable

Top Bottom