What's new

Estate Sale Loot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to an estate sale in the morning before heading out to Tiger Stadium for the LSU game. Found this stuff: 2 Fatboys, both 1959, a 1957 Red Tip, a 1965 Lady Gillette, and the Stag brush. Haven't polished them yet, but I think they will all be very nice. Also purchased several pocket knives, sharpening stones, some apothecary jars, 10 old Zippo lighters and a couple of Ronsons, a Community Coffee Fresholator, some killer pyrex, and a couple of other things. Spent under $100. Pretty good, eh?
$DSCN9833.jpg

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
Wow! Great haul there my friend...this person had great taste in razors for sure. Excellent finds.

One of the Fatboys is sticking just before it closes. You can tap it, and it will snap shut, but something is holding up one of the doors. I just got in my brand new ultrasonic cleaner, so I'm running it through a few cycles of the cleaner hoping that it's just some gunk holding up the works. I'd hate to have to dismantle it, I've done that a few times and it's not much fun. We'll see. Anyone else have this issue with a Fatboy? How did you fix it?

One of the Fatboys is sticking just before it closes. You can tap it, and it will snap shut, but something is holding up one of the doors. I just got in my brand new ultrasonic cleaner, so I'm running it through a few cycles of the cleaner hoping that it's just some gunk holding up the works. I'd hate to have to dismantle it, I've done that a few times and it's not much fun. We'll see. Anyone else have this issue with a Fatboy? How did you fix it?

I had a Slim that did this. One of the safety bars was slightly bent in and the door was hitting it. I taped the end of a screwdriver and used it to pry and nudge the bar back into place. It works great now.

I had a Slim that did this. One of the safety bars was slightly bent in and the door was hitting it. I taped the end of a screwdriver and used it to pry and nudge the bar back into place. It works great now.

WOW, thanks!!! That was exactly the problem! I did the screwdriver trick, and now the doors work perfectly!! Thank you!
By the way, the ultrasonic cleaner did a wonderful job of cleaning the razors. This is a great tool--I would recommend one highly.

Good finds. I have been to several estate sales here in Baton Rouge and haven't found a thing shaving related. Although, my wife has found furniture, art, leather-bound books, etc. I have found what I think are cool little nick-nacks for the kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.