What's new

After Shave Addict?

I thank you folks here at B&B for "creating a monster".

I was always big on nice (expensive) fragrances, and I do believe you often do get what you pay for.

But I have to say, "surrounding my face in class" has become quite addictive! I'm finding myself washing face multiple times a day, and then applying an After Shave of choice at any given moment. Is this a bad, or harmful thing?

Any time of day, there's that nice "therapeutic sting", and the nice scent of course. I'm of the thought that I might be cutting down on facial bacteria, the alcohol content is murdering all cooties on skin.

Yes, I imagine for some, too much of a drying effect, but I'm Italian with a bit of an olive complexion, and oily skin. I'm 60, and still often break out like a 16 year old boy.

I'm noticed a considerable reduction in breakouts, and better skin since going back to old school DE wet shaving. Figure something good is happening!

Last edited:
I do it too, as a way to freshen up throughout the day. I have complexion issues too, but I'm not sure if it's helping or not. Might be.

congrats. I have tried getting a couple friends to try DE and aftershaves but they wont do it. I have tried converting them because they complain about irritation or razor burn etc.

But I have to say, "surrounding my face in class" has become quite addictive! I'm finding myself washing face multiple times a day, and then applying an After Shave of choice at any given moment.

I do it too, as a way to freshen up throughout the day. I have complexion issues too, but I'm not sure if it's helping or not. Might be.

Darn you! I hadn't thought of this and now I can't stop!
$homealone2.jpg

As long as you don't drink it or bathe in it, what could be the problem? Just stay away from open flames if you like to use a lot.

Hilarious! "... murdering all cooties on the skin"....
I'm right there with you and apply aftershave on a regular basis. I truly believe it helps overall with my complexion as well.
To more aftershave!

About twice a day I'll apply aftershave. The scent doesn't last too long so I always feel a need to reapply.

Top Bottom