What's new

East Coast Canadian Pass-around Box - Round 2

So, forgot to post about this morning...

Williams shave cream was a highlight. Green and floral scent, the cream was very cold when I started to face lather but that was okay considering the lather. Very easy to build and all around fantastic lather. It's something that I would buy as a regular

Snakebite on the other hand was a bit of a let down. To be fair, I had an idea on what I was getting myself into. No scent-low alcohol scent. It doesn't burn right away but it does, a lot, after a minute for a good 5-10 mins

I was debating if I should wash it off or not. I didn't. This product is too aggressive for my liking but that's me. Some may like it
I put both of those products in the box and that was my experience with then as well. The Williams cream is amazing, but sadly I had a reaction to it.and the snake bite just wasn't my thing.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I put both of those products in the box and that was my experience with then as well. The Williams cream is amazing, but sadly I had a reaction to it.and the snake bite just wasn't my thing.

Ah goodie! Where were you able to source the Williams shave cream?

Good job giving the Snake Bite a try. It takes a bit of commitment to force yourself to throw something on your face that you know is going to burnnnnnn to the extreme !

So, forgot to post about this morning...

Williams shave cream was a highlight. Green and floral scent, the cream was very cold when I started to face lather but that was okay considering the lather. Very easy to build and all around fantastic lather. It's something that I would buy as a regular

Snakebite on the other hand was a bit of a let down. To be fair, I had an idea on what I was getting myself into. No scent-low alcohol scent. It doesn't burn right away but it does, a lot, after a minute for a good 5-10 mins

I was debating if I should wash it off or not. I didn't. This product is too aggressive for my liking but that's me. Some may like it

Thank you for the review.

The Williams sounds nice, looking forward to trying it.

Luc

Staff member
Shave #2

I used the Crabtree and Evelyn west Indian limes this morning. The lather was good but not as good as Williams. It worked well, the scent was really nice, like lime-candy.

I was about to pack everything for tomorrow and realised that I did not use any AS. So I grabbed the first bottle that I could get. It was the Deep Blue (Dollarstore) bottle.

So far, here's how it's going

SnakeBite = A double slap from Andre the Giant when he was on top of his game
Deep Blue = 2 slaps, one at the time from Hulk Hogan today
proxy.php

I'm aiming for a minimal to no slap...

Luc

Staff member
I suppose that goes with the alcohol based product territory :lol: I will be including a few balms when the west coast box gets to me so maybe you will find something you like.

Balms aren't my cup of tea anymore. There are splashes with no or minimal burn

Luc

Staff member
Next shave, I went back to something I tried last time in that very box. The Real Shaving co. shave cream. Again, excellent shave cream, I would say, as good as Kiss My Face. I have no issues making lather with it.

For the AS, I had the Pitralon. This one is a bit strange. I had some kind of gasoline scent when I poured it. That went away. Then, it's some kind of floral-cologne type of scent. It's all right but I don't think I will be going back to it. It worked well, no redness or anything.

Tomorrow I should be back with something that slaps my face. I'm expecting Macho Man Randy Savage this time...

Luc

Staff member
Luc, I assume you've tried Lucky Tiger, a splash with no bite

Yes, I also did. Not to worry, I have a fair quantity of bottles at home. I like to look out for new stuff and that box is ideal for that!

Was it Pitralon with a dark green cap and green label?
That is the German one I think.

I picked up a bottle this past summer when over there.

I find it a nice healing AS with a pleasant herbal/medicinal scent. I was actually complimented on it by a lady one day.

I tried a sample of a couple of other Pitralon's but did not pick them up.

Was it Pitralon with a dark green cap and green label?
That is the German one I think.

I picked up a bottle this past summer when over there.

I find it a nice healing AS with a pleasant herbal/medicinal scent. I was actually complimented on it by a lady one day.

I tried a sample of a couple of other Pitralon's but did not pick them up.
It's the Czech Pitralon. My mother-in-law gave it to me last year and I wasn't a big fan of the scent at all.

Luc

Staff member
So, I also tried the Caffeinated shave cream and Vego. Both performed okay but nothing spectacular for me. I tried the Caffeinated cream back in the days in Australia. The formula wasn't the same as the lather I had was better than in Australia. Both were okay in the end. Williams is still the easiest IMO.

On top of that, I tried the Cat o'nine tails, a bit smack but snakebite is still the biggest one. Finally, as this is a 2 in 1, I went with Clubman Bay rum. Clubman doesn't sting as much, it's a bit easier.

Luc

Staff member
All right, I have an exchange scheduled at lunch with [MENTION=45751]Comet[/MENTION]. We are meeting for lunch.

I took out the noxzema (or is it noxzeema, not sure) and Gillette AS Balm as no one had any objections. I will wait a bit before I recycle them...

I exchanged in the box the Yuma Razor for a RazoRock Little Bastone. I did not like the head but just the handle is worth it.

Top Bottom