What's new

Rapira Platinum Lux - bad batch?

First time using these, and one side refused to shave at all! Looked closer and this is what i have:

Flipping the blade over to the other side, the reverse of the sharp edge is now the blunt side, and vise versa... id have to flip the blade to use both sides of the blade.

All the rest of the blades in the pack are the same. Is this a Rapira thing, or did i get a bad bunch? Or is this my first idiot newbie post where it gets explained to me that this is normal :)

Thanks

Sounds pretty far from normal actually. I have and use Rapira Lux fairly often. All edges are mine seem to function properly. Guessing you got an unlucky pack. How many do you have? It would be unfortunate to find out you have a 100 pack of dud blades.

Just ordered a few packs, these threads always make me nervous :tongue_sm
I'd call back to where ever you ordered from if there's more than a few like that.

First time using these, and one side refused to shave at all!

Flipping the blade over to the other side, the reverse of the sharp edge is now the blunt side, and vise versa... id have to flip the blade to use both sides of the blade.

All the rest of the blades in the pack are the same.

First I've read of anything negative about Rapira Platinum Lux. When you say pack do you mean all 5 blades in the tuck? Hopefully you don't mean all the tucks of 5 that you have??

sadly i have bough 700 of these and i have almost 2 full 100 packs VERY similar to this. i will no longer buy any of the lux ones the sweed ones are almost always perfect for me

I have almost 400 of these, but have only been using blades from the first 100 pack. As much as I love these blades, that would be a real disappointment if I have whole packs that are bad. Too late to send them back if there is a problem, and USPS would probably want more than I paid for them just to ship them back anyway.

Those should have been culled during a final inspection. So the question remains, why were they allowed to leave the plant?

Who knows.

Only a 5 pack sampler for me luckily. Dumping these and moving onto next in line to try! Cheers chaps

Interesting, will have to keep my eyes open. These are my go to blade, but I've never had an issue.. I'll report back if anything pops up.

i tossed a whole 100 pack because they were so sporadic in qc. when they were bad they were really really bad. as i said have yet to have a bad sweedish one though

Crap! I've ordere d100s Voskhods and 100s Rapira Platinum Lux from fleabay, a seller called unuta77 in Russia. Hope I get a good batch.

I have about 5 of these blades laying around and just opened one up today because I saw this thread and wanted to check mine......well what do ya know..the one I opened looked exactly like the one in the OPs post. I sure hope none of my Voskhods have that issue since they're made by the same company. I've used several and haven't noticed any issues..

Now I'm crushed. Was eagerly waiting for the package to arrive. Not anymore.

i ordered 600 from him and 4 of the packs are great so i would not count them out just yet. but 200 of them got tossed. i checked about 50 of them and then decided to toss the whole card of those.

Top Bottom