What's new

Big Ten Football 2015!

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Oops...Big Twelve (12), football. :001_rolle

All said..I'm a 'Michigander' at heart......born & raised in East Lansing (home of the Spartans and my alumni). :thumbsup:

But really, 'whas up' with my Spartans...7 & 0...undefeated (upset Michigan on the last play of the game (I know...just by the hair of our 'chinny-chin-chin'),...a fumble return...for the win...27 - 23)! :w00t:

On another note, Head Coach Mark Dantonio has again restored the pride and tradition of Spartan football while at the same time transforming Michigan State into a Big Twelve (12), conference contender!
proxy.php

Read More: http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/spartans-return-fumble-for-touchdown-as-time-expires-to-stun-michigan/ar-AAfz2ah?li=AAa0dzB

proxy.php

proxy.php
Go Spartans.:thumbup:

Last edited:

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
Apparently I'm the lone Wolverine here. I was not a happy camper that night. For starters, instead of watching the game and drinking beer with Dad, I was stuck at work, listening on the radio. I at least had the consolation of listening to a good game, and knowing in those final minutes that we were going to win. And then... *poof*, there goes my night. Kudos to Dantonio for building State into a national power. I'm a Michigan fan, but I generally support State on the side (not gonna lie, I was hoping Indiana would pull it off, but that's a vindictive exception), and I'm glad they're getting some recognition.

Looking forward, we got Dad tickets to Michigan vs Rutgers for his birthday, and I'm super psyched. It's not a huge game, but it's my first Michigan game, and only his second.

I guess you know that his name is in the mix for the South Carolina job, his old school. But he'll probably stay. Ever year the sports writers say Saban going somewhere else.

Transplanted Cheese Stater. Been watching the Badgers since Dave McClain when the notion of going Bowling was a dream. Good or bad, On Wisconsin!

I thought the mighty rodents (the U of MN Golden Gophers) were going to pull off the big upset against Michigan last night. It was a great game, even if the wrong team won.

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
I thought the mighty rodents (the U of MN Golden Gophers) were going to pull off the big upset against Michigan last night. It was a great game, even if the wrong team won.

It was pretty nervewracking on the blue side. You guys outplayed us, that's for sure. Now I know how the Spartans felt.

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
proxy.php
...we won on a field goal (pandemonium in E.L.),...awesome (ultimate air-guitar), and stunning finish! $Field Goal Kicker.png

Associated Press - 21 Nov 15

[FONT=&amp]"No. 9 Spartans (9-1 [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Big Ten Conference), edge No. 2 Buckeyes (10-1 [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Big Ten Conference), shake up playoff race![/FONT]

COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) -- Playing without its star quarterback, Michigan State put the defending national champions on the outside looking in at the College Football Playoff race.

Michael Geiger kicked a 41-yard field goal as time expired and No. 9 Michigan State, playing without injured Connor Cook, beat No. 2 Ohio State 17-14 Saturday to snap the Buckeyes' 23-game winning streak.

View Here: https://sports.vice.com/en_us/highlight/untitled-highlight-1448150572

On a rainy and windy day at Ohio Stadium, the Spartans took control of the Big Ten East, put themselves into the thick of the playoff hunt and very likely ended the Buckeyes' chances to repeat as national champs.

Ohio State managed just 132 yards against a rugged Spartans defense and lost for the first time to a Big Ten team in the regular season since Urban Meyer became coach four seasons ago. The Rose Bowl might be the best that the Buckeyes can do now.

Without Cook, the Spartans completed one pass in the second half, but they gave Geiger a chance to win it with 3 seconds left and the 5-foot-8 junior curved it through.

The Buckeyes started the season as the unanimous No. 1 team in the country, an overwhelming favorite to win another national title. They had more quarterbacks then they knew what to do with, one of the best running backs in the country and a defense with potential All-Americans at every level. Ohio State sputtered some through 10 games but was never really challenged. At least not like this.

The Spartans relish the role of underdog like no powerhouse program in the country and it seemed to fuel them in the Horseshoe...".

$MSU.jpg

Read More http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/no-9-spartans-edge-no-2-buckeyes-shake-up-playoff-race/ar-BBnhWPg

Next up...this Saturday, November 28, 2:30 PM, Spartan Stadium, East Lansing, Michigan! :thumbsup:

proxy.php
#9 Michigan State Spartans vs. $Penn State.pngPenn State Nittany Lions

proxy.php
Go Spartans!
proxy.php

Last edited:

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
East Lansing, Mich. - 28 Nov 15 - Brian Bennett - ESPN Staff Writer

"Get ready for a College Football Playoff quarterfinal next weekend in Indianapolis.

Technically, of course, next Saturday’s showdown between No. 4 Iowa and No. 5 Michigan State will be the Big Ten championship game. But the winner is all but guaranteed a spot in the playoff.

The Spartans made sure of that matchup by
beating Penn State 55-16 on Senior Day. Ohio State, which beat Michigan earlier in the day, was hoping and praying for a Nittany Lions upset that would have propelled the Buckeyes to Indy. No dice for the defending national champions, as Michigan State used a huge second half to break the game wide open.

Connor Cook returned at quarterback after missing the Ohio State game with a shoulder injury, and he showed just how valuable he is to this offense. Showing no ill effects from the shoulder problem, Cook threw three touchdown passes and connected on 19 of 26 attempts for 248 yards. Michigan State also got a 77-yard fumble return touchdown in the first half by safety Demetrious Cox and a pick-six from defensive tackle Malik McDowell in the second half.

The romp turned into a laugher when starting center
Jack Allen lined up in the backfield in the fourth quarter and ran through the Penn State defense for a 9-yard touchdown.

Spartans fans got to celebrate another division title, the team’s third in the past five years. And now they can dream about a lot
bigger things".

proxy.php

MSU QB Connor Cook

Read More: http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/127653/connor-cook-returns-leads-michigan-state-past-penn-state-and-on-to-b1g-title-game

Next up...for the Big Ten Championship Game Saturday, December 5, 7:17 PM (on FOX TV), Lucas Oil Stadium, Indianapolis, Indiana! :thumbsup:

proxy.php
#6 Michigan State Spartans vs. $Hawkeys.png #6 Iowa Hawkeyes

proxy.php
Go Spartans!
proxy.php

Top Bottom