What's new

Aftershave 3017 Challenge

I can't say I've been using it exclusively -- five days out of seven is more like it -- but ever since my wife brought me back a bottle of Valcan from Japan, that's been my go-to.

I got it in early September and I'm about halfway down now.

strop

Now half as wise
Still going strong with the Marlborough, to go along the my Marlborough soap 3017. Probably only a couple of weeks left on it though, so will ahve to decide what's up next.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
My 50ml of Tabac AS finished on the 12th. Twas wonderful but now I've moved on to a 100ml bottle of Czech Pitralon. Mmmm mmmm good!

Currently have 6 AS in inventory. Plan is to 3017 them in 2016. Currently up is Masters Bay Rum. Should be done by mid-January.

I finished a bottle of CC Co9T this morning. Used sporadically since late 2013, but 3017ed from mid October this year for 70+ applications. I still have an almost full bottle of CC Bay rum but once that's over I'll be picking up the North and Sandalwood for sure. These are fantastic splashes and I'd highly recommend them to anyone. If I were living in North America I'd have all his offerings year round.

I've noticed many members say this has a strong clove note. I didn't get clove at all for the entire bottle, just a nice dry bay rum with a hint of red chilli powder. But what do I know about cloves right? There is something a bit more green about this splash compared to the regular CC bay rum. Also worth noting is when used daily over a period of time my face developed a tolerance for the burn and the last week or 2 it was hardly perceptible. All in all I'm very happy that I bought this.:thumbup1:

attachment.php

Next up, I'm going to tackle my last bottle of Ogallala bay rum and sandalwood. About 80% full.

Anther month gone since the DR Harris AS milk restart (November 1), so 2.5 months to add on to the previous 9. I'm getting to the bottom of the bottle, but it would not surprise me to see it make it all the way to February. At this rate, I will get a full year from, one bottle of ASB. At a purchase price of ~$35, less than 10 cents a shave seems like a pretty good deal.

I was wrong, it's not going to make it until February, as I will be using the last drops from the bottle tomorrow. Seriously, 12 months from a bottle of aftershave is ridiculous. This empty bottle is more of a trophy than any soap bowl.

Saint Charles Shave Lime Milk is on the clock starting tomorrow. It has about 100 ml of liquid left in the bottle, so here goes another 12 months.

Anther month gone since the DR Harris AS milk restart (November 1), so 2.5 months to add on to the previous 9. I'm getting to the bottom of the bottle, but it would not surprise me to see it make it all the way to February. At this rate, I will get a full year from, one bottle of ASB. At a purchase price of ~$35, less than 10 cents a shave seems like a pretty good deal.

Quite inexpensive when you look at it that way.

I paused the Ogallala once I finished 3017ing Tabac and polished off what little was left of my 1st bottle of Proraso. I got a fresh bottle of this great stuff straight from Milan last month. Of all the Proraso products I have tried I like this one the most. A simple scent with excellent toning and cooling properties.

View attachment 638013

Still undecided on what to use from tomorrow.

Unfortunate, but I could not measure up to this one. Simply too many options! I admire the guys who can do this one!

strop

Now half as wise
Finished about half a bottle of CF Cedarwood and Sandalwood today. Will start on a half bottle of LaToja balm tomorrow. Whould go well with the small amount of Marlborough soap I have left, and then on to LaToja for a 3017. Once the weather warms up I'll be going back to splashes. We'll see if I can keep this up then or not.

strop

Now half as wise
Still have about 25% of the bottle left, but since it is pretty steadily into the 70's during the day, I'll be moving to the splashes until cold weather hits again. For now, I'll pair the Manantiales soap with the Manatiales AS, but then, it will be the usual round robin.

Older thread, but I find the idea interesting...and impossible. Congrats to those who managed, but it wouldn't solve anything for me, even if I wanted to try it. I'd just replace the used bottle with a new one as soon as it was getting low...:001_smile

Soaps, though? No sweat!

Hmm, I 3017 soap and blades but for some reason I have not been as dedicated on my AS consumption. I would primarily use a single AS, but would experiment with samples to get the SWMBO's opinion when she would be home. I would also use ones that she doesn't like when I wasn't going to be around (like going to work all day)... The third thing that would cause me to switch was when I traveled I wanted to make sure that whatever I brought was under 100ml in size.

In order to address the travel issue I now decant whatever I am using into empty CC sample vials. I still have a bunch of samples to use but I am thinking of using those between my full sized bottles. I have decanted my pinaud reserve into an empty 4oz CC bottles and have been using that daily for quite awhile. Using a single AS reduces the number of decisions that I need to make pre-morning coffee :tongue_sm

Ruckin.

Top Bottom