What's new

Great advice here, thanks

Hello, All,

I decided to resume shaving with a DE safety razor, and traditional cream and brush bowl lather after a long absence. I began shaving with a traditional Gillette adjustable DE back in the late 60s, with brief trials of the Techmatic (horrible) and injector system (pretty good, but expensive at the time). I was wooed away early when Gillette included the Trac II in a gift bag I received when registering for college in the early 70s. The Gillette DE went missing. I continued buying into the multi-blade systems ever since, with brief rebellions using the BIC single-edged disposables (before they dropped the blue package regular version in the US years ago).

After doing some basic research here, I picked up a Merkur 34C, badger brush, 100 Personna "Blue Lab" blades, and a large tube of Proraso. I ordered on Friday from Amazon and the stuff was delivered Sunday morning before 11:00. Perfect timing with plenty of time to experiment. I have really enjoyed the long-forgotten experience of the DE razor. My technique returned in minutes. It's like riding a bike, one never forgets.

The beginner advice here was perfect. The basic equipment has performed wonderfully. Nice to be back.

I supplemented the purchases with some Clubman aftershave and talc. Now I'm well groomed and smell like my father and grandfather. It is one of the few scents with which I have ever received compliments!

Thanks for the guidance!

Don

After doing some basic research here, I picked up a Merkur 34C, badger brush, 100 Personna "Blue Lab" blades, and a large tube of Proraso. I ordered on Friday from Amazon and the stuff was delivered Sunday morning before 11:00. Perfect timing with plenty of time to experiment. I have really enjoyed the long-forgotten experience of the DE razor. My technique returned in minutes. It's like riding a bike, one never forgets.

The beginner advice here was perfect. The basic equipment has performed wonderfully. Nice to be back.

I supplemented the purchases with some Clubman aftershave and talc. Now I'm well groomed and smell like my father and grandfather. It is one of the few scents with which I have ever received compliments!

Congratulations & welcome back to DE shaving! I myself use a Merkur 34c from time to time and love it, as well as use Pinaud Clubman daily (7 various types). Appears you started with a great setup, as I also enjoy Proraso (namely the green tub). May you enjoy many great shaves good fellow! :thumbup:

Hello and welcome, Don. Great to have you here on B&B. Wander on over to the Hall of Fame and introduce yourself.

Top Bottom