What's new

Do you gents use shaving stick regularly

After finding LaToja sticks and Omega S-brush, I usually use these two stuffs, especially in busy days.
I do not bother to soak my boars.
Apply Proraso pre (optional)->rub stick on my face->lather with S-brush->start shaving
Do you guys use shaving sticks regularly or only when traveling?

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
Pretty regularly. If a soap comes in both a stick and a puck, I'll often try it in stick form prior to buying a puck because it's often cheaper and it takes up less space in my bathroom. I can fit a lot more sticks neatly in a drawer than pucks, most of which are kept in a cabinet and are taking up a ton of room right now. They're also quite efficient, so no complaints. If I really love a soap, I'll usually go with a puck because they're generally larger and will last longer.

Yes... the Tabac stick is currently my main soap. I like sticks because they are practical for travelling.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I use them pretty much every day!

I use them mostly for travel.

I used one for three weeks straight once, but was itching to get back to a puck after that.

I don't usually use them at home, I just enjoy loading from a puck. Last time I was out of town though I brought an arko stick

I use sticks a lot. I even use pucks like a stick much of the time. For travelling there's nothing better than a stick but I use them at home too.

Stick for traveling. I'm on the road a few days every week, and I rotate between Tabac and Palmolive sticks. I like those two the best out of all the soap sticks I've tried.

Sticks were my gateway from creams into soaps, but I don't use them anymore. These days I use pucks (soap). Sticks that I liked were grated into pucks, used up, and not replaced.

Some shaving sticks are in my regular rotation (Tabac, Cella, Arko, DR Harris) and two are in my travel bag (Wilkinson and De Vergulde).

When it comes to soaps, I've only ever used sticks.
It started out of the desire to save space. Though I've since come into a few pucks, I haven't used 'em yet.

I have a plastic-encased stick of Arko on the road. At home I sometimes fleck off some soap from a Camelot stick and lather it in a bowl. My usual usual use of soap is to lather it straight from the puck in its Currier and Ives vintage mug.

Top Bottom