What's new

Anyone shave at night before going to bed?

I wish I could shave at night, as in my younger days. Now? Even after a BBS shave, in twelve hours I have stubble showing. So it's a good morning shave to keep me presentable through the day.

There are a lot of night shavers who have "normal" schedules and the evening is a relaxed time. My habits were formed decades ago by a speech-impaired drill sergeant who yelled, "It behoove you to shay yoah fay in da mornin. I know ah overnight growt when I see one!"
I too never cared for getting up in the morning but got forced into enough early wake-ups, or cycles with no sleep at all, that it became habit to just get up on any amount of sleep, however much or little. Getting fresh provides a little extra wind in the sails either way.

I have a bit of insomnia so I can stay up late easily. But I'm not a morning person and often have trouble getting out of bed even if I set an alarm. A couple of times I decided to try shaving at night and it worked out well because I was much more relaxed. Anyone regularly shave at night?

I relate to your insomnia issue. I always shave at night during the work week. Sometimes I'll use a lavender balm for the relaxing scent. I like to get it all done at least an hour before bedtime so I can really unwind before going to bed.

I started a similar thread a while back that got some good replies that were helpful to me.

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/410716-Bedtime-Shave?highlight=

I shave in the evenings and/or night. Sometimes finishing about 10 pm. I get up at 4 am, and can't even think about getting up at 3am in order to get my shave in (head included).

Yes I shave exclusively at night. It is much more relaxing and I can take my time. No rushing, no fussing.

The shave lasts longer as well because I am able to be more thorough. And the wife likes the smooth face as well.:thumbup1:

Thanks for all the replies. I feel much better about night shaves now. :)

One more thing. When I shave at night, I don't shower before the shave. I think that does slightly impact the softness of the beard, but because of lathering it seems to still work out OK. Do most of you night shavers take a shower before shaving or do you shave without a shower?

Thanks for all the replies. I feel much better about night shaves now. :)

One more thing. When I shave at night, I don't shower before the shave. I think that does slightly impact the softness of the beard, but because of lathering it seems to still work out OK. Do most of you night shavers take a shower before shaving or do you shave without a shower?

My normal afternoon/evening ritual is to shower first but today, I had 25 minutes from after work at home to having to leave for class, so I opted for a hot towel over lather combined with a face lather and had a great shave!!
So showers aren't necessary (well they are just not to shave lol)
Favorite razor is MR1 from maggard... besides the great deals I've found for vintage the beat cost:functionality razor ever. (I still use the v.1 head... don't mind aligning the blade)

Evenings for me too. Used to be strictly mornings, but due to my schedule, this works better for me and a good 3 pass shave will get me through the day without any problems.

I haven't settled in as a morning or night person yet. Wet shaving is still new and exciting for me, so I just shave when I get the urge.

I tend to do my BBS shaves at night and my morning shaves are not nearly as thorough.

I shave at night nearly all the time. The weekends are a crapshoot, sometimes in the morning sometimes in the evenening and sometimes not at all. But during the work week it's nearly every night. Maybe once or twice a month I'll shave early in the morning, usually cause I need to be extra groomed for a work function.

I enjoy night shaves ten time more than morning. It's relaxing versus being in a rush. But I get up fairly early at 4:45 on average and out the door by 5:10 to 5:15am. So I don't fool around much in the morning. Do what I need to and head out to work.

Oh and I most always shower at night, never in the morning on a workday unless I am shaving in the morning. In which case sometimes I shower some times I don't, just depends on the reasons.

Night because I don't like rushing in the morning. More time at night and most of the time I take a shower before shaving. At night I can also kind of experiment or take my time on deciding what razor/brush/soap/cream to use.

I hate shaving and/or showering in the morning. Even as a little kid I hated taking baths/showers in the morning. I usually shower and shave between 1700-1900.

Top Bottom