What's new

Tiki customer service

Hey all! Has anyone had any problems with Tiki shipping or customer service? I ordered two soaps from the website on September 25th. I was pretty excited to get my soaps in a few days like most of the other artisans I've ordered from with the exception of Mike's. Mike clearly lists on his website what orders/dates he's working on, so I know what I'm getting into when I order from him.

I ordered the two soaps from Tiki and received no emails other than a confirmation of the order and billing, until I contacted Amanda on October 3rd on the Contact section of her website asking her politely about my order status. It also appeared as if other customers had contacted her about late shipping issues after looking at the section's comments. She emailed me back stating that it would ship early next week.

I received a shipping email with a tracking number for USPS, stating that the order has been shipped. However, I've been checking for the last 5 days, and it only says that a shipping label had been created. Never had this happen on any orders I've placed for shaving gear, as every one has shipper my order the next day or following day, and it will arrive on my door step in two days. I sent out another email to Amanda to ask about the status of the order today at around 1430 hours, but haven't seen a response as of yet.

I did a little research on Google and found this thread which makes me a little concerned: badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/432771-Tiki-Bar-Soap-Not-delivering-what-I-paid-for

Long story short, some guy ordered 6 soaps and an aftershave. An incorrect soap was delivered instead of another, and the aftershave was not delivered. Took 3 months and a public thread to get the order rectified.

I know it's only two soaps, but I paid for it and my money was taken in exchange for goods and good customer service. First world problems, I know.... Anyone had a similar experience or concerns. If so, what happened?

Thanks.

Tiki Bar is one of my favorite soaps. I have ordered directly from them several times with no issues. I would try contacting Amanda through her Etsy store. I have before and she replied right away.

Just contact her again, possibly thru Etsy or Facebook even, she'll make it more than right... that's one busy lady and good help is hard to find...

My wife ordered soaps for me for Christmas last year. We never got them. Contacted Amanda and she stated that she sent them. She sent them again and something happened and tracking was messed through USPS. We never got the second order either and she refunded our money. Definitely contact her through Etsy.

I've given up on her. I've sent more than a dozen e-mails over the last couple months. Usually she doesn't reply, but if she does she says she'll mail it out tomorrow. Never happens. There are lots of terrific soaps out there, so I just choose other ones.

I ordered two soaps off the website last Friday. I received an email confirmation of the order with a follow up email on Monday stating they shipped with a tracking number. Received the soaps today(Friday) with an extra sample of another companies soap. I have had no issues with Tiki Bar. Sorry to hear about others bad experiences.

If you want to try them in the future and are worried about the shipping they are carried by Italian Barber and a few other online sellers that do not have shipping issues (and Pastuers if you are in NY). Used their Pumpkin Lager this morning (which I ordered from Tiki without a problem), very happy.

Amanda makes excellent soap and a few of her scents are in my favorites. Like any artisan maker, her strength is production and sometimes when things are busy (I'm sure she is swamped with holiday orders), the customer service side can slip. She's been around for a while, I deal with her on the wholesale side... she always comes through. Dealing with artisans is different than dealing with large companies... I've learned to enjoy the different ways artisans do busy, it makes things fun. Sometimes a bit of patience is needed but I think everything will work out. Cheers and enjoy the soap when you get it.

P.S. her body bars are excellent too.

Yeah, she is usually very busy so sometimes some patience is needed. It may take a little time if you have a problem but know that she will make it right and make sure you're happy.

Top Bottom