What's new

Check in from Indianapolis

Hello,

Just starting out here with safety razors, etc. Been bouncing back and fourth between cartridges and electrics for years. Never was quite satisfied with the closeness of electrics and couldn't stand paying so much for cartridges anymore. So a year or two ago I ordered a cheapo safety razor on amazon and only tried the blade came with it, which wouldn't cut a single hair on my face so I thought I was doing something wrong and shoved it in the drawer. The other day when it was time to buy some blades I was at Meijer and saw they had some DE blades (which from what I can gather are personna reds) so I gave those a try on the cheapo razor and cut the hell out of my neck (think I was using a little too much pressure!) that was a few days ago and I just did it again with much better results. Ordered a little better razor (weishi 9306fl) nothing high end I think but should be a lot better than what I have (which has plastic chipping off after 3 uses). Well, I gotta go check the mail!

Hello and welcome. Great to have you here in B&B. Wander on over to the Hall of Fame and introduce yourself.

Welcome from another Hoosier. Good luck with the Weishi, you are in the right place all the info and help you need is just a click away.

It'll probably take a little time and practice to get comfortable with the DE, but it's worth the effort. Just take it slow and the good shaves will come.

Welcome to the forum, very best of luck, and keep us posted! :thumbup1:

Welcome, good luck with the new razor! I use a straight personally, but I've always heard its a good idea to try a blade sample pack to see which blade works best for your face/razor.

I started in that sort of way. A blade sampler pack on Amazon is a small investments and makes a big difference. Astras are great with a great price! I find Feathers are the best blade to not deflate my face, though. :laugh:

Thanks all! I got my stuff in the mail around a week ago, have a few (5 I think) shaves under my belt. Liking the weishi much more than whatever it was i had before. Picked up a few other blades from westcoastshaving. Gillette silver blues and astra. Haven't tried the astra yet but the silver blues seem to work better for me than the Israeli personnas.

Top Bottom