What's new

Used a Blue Personna for the first time today

With Gillette Foamy shave cream. I could not feel the blade. I can't say that about the Feathers or Astras although I like the Astra. I'm going to try one or two more blades but the Personnas may be the one I go with. I've got 9 Feathers I don't want.

Hi Juan,
I've got a pack of Personna Blues unopened. Will try it out this weekend. The Indian Gillette Black in my razor keeps going on & on.

Thanks. I think they need to be opened and laid flat if mailed. The Ebay ones I got came that way.

With Gillette Foamy shave cream. I could not feel the blade. I can't say that about the Feathers or Astras although I like the Astra. I'm going to try one or two more blades but the Personnas may be the one I go with. I've got 9 Feathers I don't want.

Comfort is a hallmark of Personna Blues. They have managed to become my go to blade.

One point with the Blues is they can be so comfortable you can make a mistake and not feel it.........until later......so be aware anytime you shave no matter the blade.

I switch to Dorco stainless when I want blade feel feedback for a quick shave.

Last edited:
I too only use the blues, even though they come in a white rapper now. Nice smooth blades, but as always YMMV.

With Gillette Foamy shave cream. I could not feel the blade.

My first use of a Personna Lab blue gave me at least 5 weepers which I found surprising, as I didn't really 'feel' the blade against my skin as I usually do with most other blades. I had face lathered using Arko and used a Slim set to #5. I consider it as a sign of just how very sharp and 'smooth' that blade is? With most other blades when this happens, I usually feel something if the blade breaks the skin at all.

Last edited:
I can't stand the Personna Lab blues. They irritate my face so badly it's crazy. So far, very few blades work for me like the way Shark stainless steels do. I am glad you like the Personna blades however, I can appreciate the engineering and quality of the blade.

Wow... I don't find blues to be that sharp at all. They are my benchmark for a smooth shave, though.

Personna , and all other coated blades, really don't need to be super sharp (like Feathers). They just need good geometry on the cutting edge while the coating help the blade s-l-i-d-e along your face.

Top Bottom