What's new

How about a swap meet in the Austin, Texas area?

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Great fun guys. I scored a few brushes, a razorock razor and believe it or not an Avon sample "wild country" aftershave that (originally) goes with my Barberpole Avon bottle. Thanks Kyle.

...and Monte makes soaps.

Thank you Kyle for arranging this. It was great getting together and sharing stories and even having non-shave discussions.

I learned a lot, and enjoyed the company. I even grew an appreciation for aftershave splashes. Smelled Tabac for the first time, and like it.

I look forward to talking with you all more and seeing you at future gatherings. Thank you for all the trades.

/Monte

$IMG_0368.jpg

Last edited:
Oh, as a side note, first attempt with the new formulation Williams...failed. Daughter loves it though. She was lathering and pretend shaving all through bath time.

[MENTION=86291]Falmike[/MENTION] [MENTION=83342]DoctorShavegood[/MENTION] [MENTION=104080]Momor[/MENTION]

Have you tried any of the items you got in trade?

• RazoRock XXX - great scent! Thanks Aaron.
  • Black plastic handle Tech - I had an awesome first shave -- I mean the closest I've ever gotten on my upper lip)! The second shave was more inline with what I normally get, so still experimenting there. Thanks Mike.
  • Stirling Black Cherry sample - I work from home, and I have this sitting on my desk. What a great scent! Thanks Monte.
  • Folsom Muir - While I liked the scent and it had great longevity, it was too strong for my bride's sensitive nose.

I haven't gotten to anything else yet.

I have been using them:

• RazoRock Peppermint Preshave - tried it three days and have not noticed much difference in shave quality, but face seems even more hydrated after the shave. Thanks Kyle!
  • Avon Leather aftershave - I love the smell. Wife liked it once some of smell wore off. I put on a bit too much there that day. Thanks Kyle!
  • Al's Shave Cream - Shaved twice with this. Love the smell, and it lathers quickly. All in all I am glad this was my first foray into creams. Thanks Aaron!
  • Stirling Ben Franklin Aftershave - Matched great with my Ben Franklin soap. Scent was slightly different than the soap in a good way. Thanks Kyle!
  • Ladas Blades - I liked these blades. They worked will for me in the Maggard razor. I have gotten 3 shaves on them so far. Thanks Mike!
  • Fine American blend - This was also a good aftershave for me. Thanks Aaron!

And man I keep sniffing that voodoo water...I mean Florida Water. Just an interesting scent.

I have plans to work try the other two aftershaves this week. Going to have to wait until after Christmas to put in orders, but the Fine and Stirling aftershaves are on the list.

/Monte

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
@kansaskyle @Falmike @Momor

Yep, tried most everything.

RazoRock razer - Nice, heavy, great grip on handle and smooth. Similar to my Merkur 38HD.
Large Omega boar brush - This thing is great. Big handle and tall knot. It has a lot of backbone but soft. I swirled it a few times in my MWF and lather popped up the likes I've never seen before with this soap.
Old Spice - Great
Avon AS sample named "Wild Country" is nice is the matching scent labeled on the bottom of my Avon Barberpole bottle. I guess my sniffer was able to pick the right AS out of all of Kyle's sample bag.
The Blades Grim soap "Smolder" is a real nice luxury soap that's easy to lather. Very nice scent.

Regrets: Trading the Fine Fresh Vetiver to Kyle. I miss him so much.

Last edited:
Hey Guys,

tried everything. Some hits and some misses.

thanks again for the trades, gifts ,swaps, and most important to me camaraderie.

Top Bottom