What's new

Who is that Sharp Dressed Man

So I liked the scent of my sharp dressed man soap from Stirling so much that I decided I wanted to give the aftershave a try there really hasnt been much mention of Stirling aftershaves so I figured I would give my impressions of it. Now I havent had the opportunity to try it yet but I will soon with my nightly shave but smelling it from the bottle this stuff smells great it came in a really nice glass bottle another plus is Rod threw in a free sample of Executive man to try! I will report back later with how it performs with skin feel and staying power and hopefully this will make people start asking who that Sharp Dressed Man is when I walk by $2015-10-08 20.32.28.jpg

Im lacking in the aftershave dept..so i been thinking of ordering some of his samples..looking forward to your review..

It really is a shame that they can't ship aftershaves to the UK. I only have the balm and it's really good, but miss the burn!

Ive had aftershaves sent to me via ebay from the states before, but sadly Stirling are not allowed as they have to follow the rules.

I have Mr Fines take on Creed Aventus and its great juice, just missing GIT now for an aftershave. I like to pair soaps with AS and Fine Platinum and stirling executive man pair perfectly together as they are both based on Aventus.

I have a couple of Rod's alcohol based aftershaves (Glacial Obsidian and Glacial Lemon Chill) and like them both. I haven't tried any of his balms, but his aloe based aftershaves (I have Black Ice) are nice too.

Now that I'm finally awake on to the review first thing I wanted to say is I am in no way affiliated with Stirling and these opinions are my own and your experience may differ from mine.

Now that that is out of the way the review my sense of smell is not very great so I will do my best to describe the smell out of the bottle it smells like a cologne to me it was very clean and fresh its supposed to be based off of creeds green irish tweed cologne now I have never smelled the cologne so I am not sure how close the scents are but the SDM aftershave scent smells great and I would not mind smelling like it all day. The scent matches the Stirling SDM Soap very well and they definitely compliment each other. As for staying power I used it last night before bed so I dont know how long the scent lasted but I splashed some on this morning to see the staying power so I will report back with that.

Next is the skin feel when I first splashed some on there was a small initial burn on my freshly shaved face and after that passed there was tingling feeling on my face for about 5 min but then it passed no redness showed. I didn't use my aftershave balm after using the splash like I usually do because I wanted to see how well it moisturized and wow does this stuff moisturize on its own it left my skin feeling soft and the next morning my skin actually felt better than it does when I use my Nivea Sensitive ASB it did leave my face with a initial tacky feeling but that passed after 10 min.

Conclusion this aftershave is a great value and performs great I would not hesitate to buy another bottle I say give it a try and for the price if you don't like it you aren't out too much. I will comment back on the staying power later and with another review of Executive man if you have any questions let me know and I welcome everyone to talk about your experience with Stirling aftershave good or bad

Totally with you on moisturizing. It's one of the really awesome things about stirling splashes, I don't anticipate needing a balm all winter!

So returning to staying power I would say that this aftershave does have some staying power it lasted a good 6 hours today before I could not notice the smell so all in all very happy with this aftershave

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
SDM and EM are both staples of my splash stash. Healing and scent are top notch on both. I'm a little sensitive to SDM, but the burn is brief and the wonderful fragrance lasts all day. Enjoy!

I have his Barbershop, SDM and EM splashes. Love them all!

I also have Black Ice Witch Hazel & Aloe splash and Bay Rum balm. All top notch.

Thanks for your review and insight kcore.
I have a sample of SDM that hasn't made it to my rotation yet. In addition to your review, I've heard the Stirling line is quite beneficial for the skin.

I believe that the Stirling aftershave is beneficial for the skin it's hard to explain but when I use the aftershave my face feels soft and hydrated all day

That is one of my favorite scents that I have from the Stirling soaps that I own once I finish my bottle of dollar store spice I will probably end up going with the spice aftershave from Stirling

Top Bottom